MAFT users.. step inside

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
With the 550s you will be able to get the same boost you could with the Lexus and 550s easily, and with careful tuning a whole lot more than that, all without touching the FCD feature on the MAFT.

Dziuggy

eurotrash
Mar 31, 2005
san francisco, ca
dziuggy.com
as i posted before it was fine on mine up to 25 psi on sp61gt, and ct26 now i have sp63 w/ external gate and i am hitting FC @ 1.1bar.

i just picked up HKS FCD, but i am a little bummed as all the things go on the same wires (i have maft, safc2 and now FCD and they all use airflow signal / rpm + pwr/gnd i woried if tha t will not be too much for my harness to handle. also FCD uses same technology as maft for fuel cut (clamp HZ) so would it be posible that it will mess up safc setings????

zig

B

Boostaddctn

Dziuggy said:
as i posted before it was fine on mine up to 25 psi on sp61gt, and ct26 now i have sp63 w/ external gate and i am hitting FC @ 1.1bar.

i just picked up HKS FCD, but i am a little bummed as all the things go on the same wires (i have maft, safc2 and now FCD and they all use airflow signal / rpm + pwr/gnd i woried if tha t will not be too much for my harness to handle. also FCD uses same technology as maft for fuel cut (clamp HZ) so would it be posible that it will mess up safc setings????

zig

Ziggy, since you have a SAFC, I would probaly recommend you ZERO out the settings on the MAFT and use the SAFC to tune bro, that way the signals don't conflict or try to cancel each other out, with that said a FCD + SAFC= impossible to tune, you will soon find out... aight peace

Dziuggy

eurotrash
Mar 31, 2005
san francisco, ca
dziuggy.com
90suprat said:
Ziggy, since you have a SAFC, I would probaly recommend you ZERO out the settings on the MAFT and use the SAFC to tune bro, that way the signals don't conflict or try to cancel each other out, with that said a FCD + SAFC= impossible to tune, you will soon find out... aight peace

solutions???

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
didnt i say that on page 1? i guess noone ever reads my posts.
what you could try is hooking up the afc b/w the maf and maft. all youd have to do is move one wire and set afc for hot wire.
but im not a fan of clamping the output, i think leaving fcd off and tuning w/ the afc alone after the maft would be the best way to go. ive ran 25psi on the pt61 w/o fuel cut.

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
I heard from somewhere that it was much harder to install and work with it in blowthrough. Was that true? Or is it simply getting a 3000 pipe replacement, and finding another way to install the air filter element on the accordian hose? And then its just normal? Because if I were to buy a MAFT I would like to try and run it in blow through mode.

B

Boostaddctn

dbsupra90 said:
didnt i say that on page 1? i guess noone ever reads my posts.
what you could try is hooking up the afc b/w the maf and maft. all youd have to do is move one wire and set afc for hot wire.
but im not a fan of clamping the output, i think leaving fcd off and tuning w/ the afc alone after the maft would be the best way to go. ive ran 25psi on the pt61 w/o fuel cut.

Thats very interesting, has anyone done this? I thought of this before but didn't know how the ECU would respond to it... aight peace

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Someone managed to fix the HAC sensor, and he was going to send me a picture of how he did it. He had to modify the board inside the ECU case to do this.

Not a big deal for me, yet, because I live at sea level.

supralover2000

12.8 and dropping..
Apr 4, 2005
Long Island, NY
www.mk3.us
Please submit whatever info you get that can help us 89+ drivers. I live in Long Island, NY (sea level), but the NE Group occasionally makes a trip up to Bear Mountain In NY, which is pretty high up, but has some BEAUTIFUL twisty roads which I could'nt help but throw my Supra through :)