MAFT users.. step inside

malloynx

Mar 30, 2005
NC
ok here is the deal, my amf is on death row. i'm running the lex/550 setup and i'm not liking it anymore. i got a shitty idle, burns tons of gas, etc... . can i have your opinions on the maft. how is the driveablity? how is the idle? how is tuning? i already got a s-afc2 and wideband. is it to purchase another AFM SENSOR, or go the maft route??

thanks guys

malloynx

Mar 30, 2005
NC
wow grim, i don't nkow how to take your post. you make it seem like it's barely getting the job done

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
i dont have mine up and running yet, so i cant comment on that aspect.
but i talked to one of the tech/engineers at full throttle and said the only problems they have had with them are when people use the adjustments and inj sizing along w/ a safc. if you have a safc just set all the maft settings at 0 adjustment and inj sizing at 440cc so they dont fight each other.
one cool thing about the maft is it has an aux input. anytime this is activated it will add or subtract fuel trim from the base map. this would be cool so you can set up 2 fuel maps. you could use one for daily driving/low boost/pump gas and engage the secondary map for racing/hi boost/high octane.
i have also thought about actually using the afc b/w the maf and the maft instead of maf maft afc ecu. all that you would have to change is where the airflow signal is intercepted and change your afc to read hotwire instead of kv. i havent played around w/ that yet. i'll prob just leave well enough alone and keep the base settings at 0 and tune w/ just the afc.

dave

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Ok, let me clarify something. In my book, the best parts are the ones that you bolt on and forget they are there, because they simply work. No odd little gliches to work out, no constant maintenance, just plug it in and keep going.

Dziuggy

eurotrash
Mar 31, 2005
san francisco, ca
dziuggy.com
well overall i am very happy with mine car idles awesome with minor ajustments next to none.

i did mine inside of the car and spilced it in to ECU, just had to extend 3 wires that goes to the sensor.

mine is blowthru mode and i love it. i.e. then i got my new turbo i wa constantly blowing IC piping off before i re-did it. i remember back in a day with LEX you pop of the hose you have to stop and fix it, with maft you are not boosting but car still runs perfect. at one ocasion i blew off ic pipe and did not have time to fix it for 3 or 4 days so i just was driving the car. on the other hand because of that it is harder to notice boost leaks especialy small ones.

i am one of theose runing it together with safc2, and maft is set on base line in exeption of idle.

as a tuning device it is not that great i.e. wrong rpm maps and only 4 pionts of adjustment (safc has 12), but as afm replacement you cant go wrong.

BTW i have mine capped to eliminate fuel cut but it is not working. might be because of safc. but weird part about it is that then i had ct-26 and sp61gt i was not hitting fuel cut now with sp63 i am hitting FC@ 1 bar.

zig

supranaut

Rock'n Death with Spikes
Apr 5, 2005
STL
Getting rid of the ancient KV based AFM that is killed by moisture and oil vapours? PRICELESS. Ability to pick up a used hotwire MAF at damn near any junkyard for $20 or less? Priceless as well. I love mine since the day I installed it...the stock AFM just plain sucks!

S

shailey

i talked to grimjack about this one the other day on AIM. after reading some of the things in this thread I am definitely sold on this route rather than greddy emanage with lex afm. it would have been nice to have sm up a few days ago. my post on sf went ignored since noone really runs this setup over there. lol go figure.

Justin

Speakers?
Mar 31, 2005
Spokane, Wa
i'm getting the eman/e01 in the mail thursday, and in a few weeks after that

i'm getting the maf/t/550's, so i'll make sure to post what i think :)

GrimJack... all your posts are very open to interpretation, do you truely like this route cuz you set it and forget it? or do you dislike it cuz you have to mess with it all the time?

I'm not too good at picking up emphasis over the net :p

malloynx

Mar 30, 2005
NC
well i'm alittle disappointed. i called fullthrottlespeed and i got some info. the guy was nice as hell, but i wasn't getting the warm and fuzzy from his answers. i'm going to be running a sp61gt next week and i don't want to deal with fuelcut at all. can the maft do this.

why is everyone hitting fuelcut with this thing. also does this work well with the afc-2

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Fuelcut really isn't much of an issue - there is an FCD built in, which I can't seem to get working, however, this is not the method usually used to defeat FC anyway. I'm not overly concerned with it, I'd like to get it working so I can document it in the FAQ is all.

Some dyno tuning with the other fuel adjustments on this unit should net you good results.

Malloynx, what injector size are you running?