lsd problem wtf

DRIFTER WANNABE

DO WORK
Aug 15, 2008
southern oregon
i have a 1986.5 supra na that i am currently drifting only problem is if i turn to the right and break traction only the passenger tire spins if i turn to the left and break traction both tires spin and i begin to get that on ice feeling
what the hell im almost certain there is an lsd it said lsd on it when i changed the fluid i got 155000 on it

please help

dumbo

Supramania Contributor
Jul 16, 2008
Albera, Too Far North
bmoss85;1140458 said:
if you're going to be doing alot of drifting i would get a 2 way lsd.

whats a one or two way??

are you talking about the pinions??

check your axle code, its on your data plate on the fire wall.

btw i got a 86.5 4 pinion 4.30 lsd she sometimes dont go posi on a rh turn, i'll be looking for a rebuild (maybe i'll try myslef;) anyone got any kits, bearings shims, seals, and whatever the clutch material is and setup) in the late fall spring months.
doubt it'll be too bad. i bet any good tranny or rear end shop can do it

dumbo

Supramania Contributor
Jul 16, 2008
Albera, Too Far North
adampecush;1140779 said:
just for a ballpark figure, my diff cost in the neighborhood of $900 to have re-built.

well atleast your local..

so give me some details, pm if you want. i'm not gonna need it till spring, but going na-t as we speak, waitin on parts parts UPS is the craps up here, prolly need a block first.

but give me some info on the diff, i wanna do it myself, cant be to difficult, but i'm interested.

bmoss...??? what do you mean 2 way- 4 way?

DRIFTER WANNABE

DO WORK
Aug 15, 2008
southern oregon
hey i posted yesterday about a lsd that would only spin one tire when i turned right so im pretty sure it needs rebuilt

has anyone rebuilt theres with an aftermarket kit could u please tell me where u got it from i cant find sh%% on the internet

thankyou very very much

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

SF what a waste of supras
Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
Wiisass;1141163 said:
If you really want to drift weld an open one.

LOL do not do this on a turn your wheels will both turn the same speed and throw your a$$ into a ditch.

On a track only car streight line (drag) sure but your wheels will hop around turns and your rear end /suspension will make poping noises.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
In drift, you want both wheels spinning...

The car would be a dedicated drift/drag car though, trying to be a grip car with welded gears or a spool wouldn't end well...