ls2 mkIII

SrT4_OwNeR

Nov 27, 2007
blahdy blah
hey dudes... just wondering if anyone has ever done an ls1/ls2 into an mkIII? i'd like to see pics of how the build went and what all you had to do. i should be home from iraq in july of 2008 and the whole time i've been here i've been figuring out what i wanted to do with the supra. let me know. thanx guys

daledoe

KILL U
Nov 18, 2005
MAINE
Get a 2jz!!! We don't need any more mutant supras out there.

But to help you out, I'll do a search...........................

SrT4_OwNeR

Nov 27, 2007
blahdy blah
lol... yea but how can you pass up 400whp stock with a 6spd tranny. lol. but yea i did see 2jz's lookin good i just want something new. i can't find anything about it. all i see are s14 240's with ls1's and rx7's with ls1's whenever i search on the internet.

daledoe

KILL U
Nov 18, 2005
MAINE
I've had good luck with them when I got my motor like 4 years ago and I know 5 other people that has gotten motors form them!!! Mine was the only supra motor tho.
1 was a k20a r, 3 were ej20's, and a sr20. They were all good except for some little things like a broken sensor or two. O'ya they all had cut harnesses too.

I guess I had good luck so far right???

TheRemedy

Sweeping the Streets
Nov 7, 2006
PA
I put some thought into that also before i decided to fix my head gasket...all i could reall find where 240s and rx7s like you said...even a few 944's...im intrested to see it if it works out though..good luck

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
supraracer49 said:
How about one of those 5.7L Tundra motors? stroke it with build valvetrain and some borg warners on there?

2/3UZ-FE motors are seriously expensive and rare(r) motors, I think.

The 4L 1UZ-FE would be a better route, with twins (imo)... however, I don't know if it would fit with twins under the hood. the 1UZ is a very tough motor (6 bolt mains, wtf :naughty: ) and can hold some serious boost. I've done some reading on the idea, and most guys don't bother rebuilding the 1UZ when they get it because there's usually not much point if it's from a good supplier.

Doing weird swaps complicates matters with bellhousing adaptors, motor mounts, ect. But, still they're damn cool. A JZ swap is so overdone that I think having a +400hp 7M-GTE is more original than having a JZ with any horsepower. JZ's are great engines, make no mistake... but it's quite overdone is all I'm saying.

I haven't seen it mentioned yet, so I'll mention it... the 6spd Getrag swap with the 2JZ-GTE isn't as easy as it sounds on paper. The shift mechanism must be moved somehow (as it's in a different spot and won't fit nicely)... or cut a new hole for it and change the center console. Also, the ratios are quite different, as the MkIV has a 3.2 rear end (IIRC), and the MkIII (of course) packs a 3.7 with most R154's. Putting in a getrag would cut your top speed by quite a bit if the rear end ratio isn't changed.