LPPROformance intercooler pipes

lppro

LP Performance & off road
Apr 21, 2007
Sugar Hill, Georgia, United States
Blackfin said:
Fabbing your own stuff is a piece of cake. Most of us would accept the challenge without reservation. ::fundy::

Take me for example, I already bought a nice used TIG welder, mask and a tank of argon ($1,200) and figured out what pipe, mandrel beds and miscellaneous supplies I need ($200). Now all I have to do is get a metal cutting saw ($200), overcome zero experience and learn how to TIG weld like a pro, have some :drink1: and do the work ::dead horse::

I can't imagine why some people out there would rather not mess with fabbing their own stuff :ugh:

im sensing a little sarcasm in the above statment...:sarcasm:

SD2JZA70

HardTunedMotorsports
Apr 5, 2005
San Marcos, CA
www.cardomain.com
IJ. said:
^ Some people just can't.....

There's no shame in that Fabricating isn't for everyone and quite a few people understand and accept their limitations and would rather pay for a nice product than make some half assed pileOgarbage to bolt to their car...
I agree that fabricating isnt for everyone but I would hardly call cutting the tubes and clamping them together fabricating. Anybody can buy a universal pipe kit and a hacksaw to accomplish what is being offered here.

lppro

Apr 21, 2007
ok here are some pics of a completed kit (without the t bolts) and yes t bolts will be standard on this kit.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

ok so the prices will be as follows,
upper and lower kit (for stock or sperco style IC) $295
if you want just upper or just lower they will be $150

upper and lower pipes with sperco style intercooler and pre made brackets for the sperco style IC (direct bolt on with instructions) $480

if your looking at this thread for the 1st time here are the product specs:
-2.5" polished alum. pipeing
-BOV flang of your choice
-all T bolt clamps
-Direct bolt on with detailed instructions
-7-10 day build time once ordered and payed in full
-1 year warranty on clamps and cuplers.

If your interested PM me or email me
Luke@lukeplatt.com

A-to-the-J

Panda™ and Pre-89 Gracer™
Feb 19, 2006
Anaheim/West Covina, CA
i've got a couple questions,

are they bead rolled?
silicone couplers?

last, would it be possible to have this certain pipe extended so you can eliminate the little BOV pipe?
p792492_1.jpg

ms paint FTW!

if all is yes, i would definately be in for an upper piping set. (i already hav a lower 2.5" hardpipe)

zachm611

Beauty In Disguise
Apr 15, 2006
new mexico
well im guessing that the ends arent bead rolled are they? if so then id be in for a kit in the very near future, if not then i might end up trying to fab something up on my own.. its just more convenient this way, as i do not have much free time. well thanks for this deal anyways, i'll still consider it.

Fletch124

2jz swapped!
Jul 17, 2005
Reno, Nevada
Kit looks super clean. I would definetly buy the kit if you offered in a set for an aftermarket intercooler thats not same side. Such as a 31"x12"x3" intercooler. Just a suggestion.

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
Id be more interested if it have the BOV pipe as part of the upper pipe like suggested above.. Would clean it up a bit because of less couplers..Might even drive the price down. Is there a coupler color choice?.. Looks very good tho and also a very good price for what it comes with.

lppro

Apr 21, 2007
all couplers i have right now are red. i have some better pictures of a completed kit with the t bolts on it, i will post them when i get home later. and i am also going to have the flange welded to the pipes in the actual kit.

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
Awesome..Id love to get your kit whenever i can scrounge up some money to spend on the supra. Maybe by that time you'll have different color couplers.

zachm611

Beauty In Disguise
Apr 15, 2006
new mexico
well now that you mention the flange being welded in the actual kit you have got my interest even more, will price still be the same? also are the couplers silicone?

the t3d

P B4 A
Sep 30, 2006
Titusville, FL
hey man ^^^. i ordered a set from him alittle while ago. they look great. excellent installation instructions. it did come with red and blue couplers, but that doesn't really matter to me all that much. shipping got here fast. i also ordered ALOT of T-Bolt clamps to go with it. i'm still building my motor, so when it's all said and done. i'll have ALOT of pics on my build thread!

thanks LPPRO!!!!!!!!

-t3d

northwestsupra

Sep 19, 2006
Washington, Marysville
i'll tell you what, if you can make a 3" kit that will be welded in the upper pipes and have a greddy flange on it right inbetween the valve covers, that will clear a fatty turbo and be able to hook up to a XL FMIC with inlets and outlets on opposite sides i'll buy it. cause i dont want to make my intercooler pipes lol.

Suprachad27

Dec 30, 2006
Kewaskum, Wisconsin
northwestsupra;876914 said:
i'll tell you what, if you can make a 3" kit that will be welded in the upper pipes and have a greddy flange on it right inbetween the valve covers, that will clear a fatty turbo and be able to hook up to a XL FMIC with inlets and outlets on opposite sides i'll buy it. cause i dont want to make my intercooler pipes lol.

I am another that would be interested in the intercooler and IC pipe combo. Have money ready when you are.

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
Guys, I don't really see the seller being able to do that as everyone's setup is different in that case. What may fit for one person may not fit for another when you are talking about an intercooler setup like that. Once you get to that stage of modification you really need to either dive in and do it yourselves, get on ebay and buy the IC kit on there with end tanks on opposite sides, or buy another type of bolt-on kit. Besides, a stock, or bolt-on/near bolt-on type of IC with endtanks on the same side will allow the air inside of it to flow through the entire core better than an IC where the endtanks are on opposite sides. In that case, it will fill with air, but if both endlet and outlets are on the bottom, then the air flowing through it will tend to flow more on the bottom on the IC and create a "bubble" effect on the top part, like a truck bed will do when the tailgate is up IIRC... If you don't ever think you'll go with a FFIM, then I wouldn't suggest using an IC with the inlets and outlets on opposite sides.

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
hard to go wrong for the price hes offering if you just want to basicly keep your supra stocko...all the joiner pipes are a bit ugly though..looks like somthing dodgy id make up late on a sunday arvo knowing id need to use the car for work the next day..lol

Zach

ECUMaster USA
Apr 6, 2005
TX
Why would people choose this kit rather than getting a kit actually made for the supra off ebay that's actually cheaper. Here's an example:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Turb...009QQitemZ190187800780QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

All you're doing is taking a $30 chop saw to some ebay pipes and calling it an intercooler kit. You're even using the craptastic plastic elbows that pass on ebay for silicone IC hose elbows.

If nothing else your spelling offends me enough to convince me not to purchase anything you "produce". Anybody who cannot muster the proper spelling of "cheaper" does not deserve to be anywhere close to a place of business.