Lowering the stock suspension??

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
Bilstein w/ST Springs here. Bilsteins are on the lowest setting
For a smooth DD that you only want a slight drop on, Bilstein + stock springs is the way to go.
No sacrifice in ride quality from what I've heard, much better damping.

Here's mine with the Bilstein/ST and 18's
p1673530_1.jpg

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
^ :drool:

Also one thing to note about Kurt's red beauty there, I drove that car a short while ago and the ride was surprisingly supple. I honestly wouldn't have expected it to be riding on that setup!

(in the e36 world, Bilsteins are among the roughest riding shock/strut you can get- they never got the valving right for those cars) They felt great on Kurt's car!

how would i get a slight drop in ride height with the stock springs? idk if this means much but my car doesnt have TEM's. so from my understanding of everything thats been posted i could get the bilstein shocks (apparently they giv a smooth ride for a dd). and then pair those up with some eiibach pro kit springs which will lower the car an inch and a half. i just want to make sure i get the right stuff to give me the results im looking for.

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
shaeff;1673870 said:
^ :drool:

Also one thing to note about Kurt's red beauty there, I drove that car a short while ago and the ride was surprisingly supple. I honestly wouldn't have expected it to be riding on that setup!

(in the e36 world, Bilsteins are among the roughest riding shock/strut you can get- they never got the valving right for those cars) They felt great on Kurt's car!

:D thanks shaeff! What I didn't mention was that the strut/spring combo is almost 10 years old!

jrot

Apr 11, 2010
knob noster, MO
yeah your right...i wouldnt roll it that way but i do like when i see others on occasion that are near perfect and on well maintaned cars...

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 PM ----------

jrot;1673520 said:
also im curious about the camber bolts....cause the car obviously will need alingnment and ive heard alot of horror stories of these breaking...so should i go ahead and buy a new set to give to the alignment shop?

what about this?

D.J.T.

Aug 25, 2010
Arkansas, United States
hvyman;1675292 said:
Looks way better with white 5 spokes.

:werd:

Like i said, the two rims in the back of my car improves the look even though it makes me a ricer :crazy1:

& for the price AR_91 gave em to me i have no regrets. It's impossible to find the busted rim though. lol

Suprasonic19

2JZ no sh*t!
Mar 5, 2007
Stockton, CA
I put on h&rs with illumina II struts on all 4 corners. The whole setup had about 5k miles on it when I got it and the front rubs pretty bad. Tire has slowly ripped parts of the inner fender liner and the front tires rub the fender lip if I I have the wheel turned either way and go over something like pulling into a parking lot or driveway. The front air splitter scrapes on almost everything too. The front flaps drag on almost all speed bumps if there is more than just me in the car(I weigh 130 lbs). I think it looks amazing but Im tired of hearing the rubbing so Im hoping to invest in coilovers sometime soon, I wanted to keep the tems cause I think its an amazing system but coilovers are looking like the best option for the long run.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Anytime youi slam a car with bigger proper fitting wheels you will most likely have to roll and possibly pull depending on what you want to run. Along with that the fender liner will either need to be modified or removed.

Suprasonic19

2JZ no sh*t!
Mar 5, 2007
Stockton, CA
Took a couple days but here are the shots of the front fitment. You can see the right side where the tire as pulled out the fender. And just to reiterate, this is stock size tires on stock rims, with illumina II struts with h&r springs.

toyotavince

gear slammer
Jan 20, 2011
socal
Gota7MGTE;1675268 said:
Not really, Maybe if the car was lowered & the sawblades didn't have deep scratches... MAAAYBE.

ha i guess im fucked, my sawblades are peeling away but my car low low

Rob_Supra87

87NAPWR
Aug 3, 2008
Millbrae
hvyman;1673292 said:
No bilsteins are hieght adj not dampning adjut.

Ihave them with eibachs. Im a tad lower than friends with just eibachs and say kybs. Only prob is (cant remember) fronts are as low as they go and rears are on high. Might be other way around But its not like you can just slam it with them. But bilsteins are amoung the top quality shocks and have been for years.

p1678253_1.jpg

p1678253_2.jpg

I'm pretty sure you have the back on the lowest and front on highest...I have the same setup and it looks similar to mine but I'm on stock sawblades, I will post a pic after class if you want to see lol

toyotavince

gear slammer
Jan 20, 2011
socal
Suprasonic19;1676593 said:
Took a couple days but here are the shots of the front fitment. You can see the right side where the tire as pulled out the fender. And just to reiterate, this is stock size tires on stock rims, with illumina II struts with h&r springs.

damn thats weak sauce. my car is lowered 2" with cheap ebay d2 springs and cheapy kyb g2r's shocks and i havent even rubbed once. check it

p1679958_1.jpg