lower suspension arm

SupraBro

in the TSRM is the lower suspension arm on the rear passenger side called a inner tie rod or the out??? i messed up the threads on the ball joint and now it keeps spinning on me and i cant get it on. so now i have advance auto getting the part for me and they keep asking if it is the inner or out....:1zhelp::1zhelp:

thanks,
brandon

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Is this for the front or rear? If you pry up and put pressure on the ball joint it should stop spinning. But if its stripped them maybe not.

Oct 11, 2005
Thousand Oaks, CA
Are you talking about part 48710A in this picture?

MCR675.gif

SupraBro

its the rear passenger side....

p1638879_1.jpg

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

i dont know much at all about suspension.......is there tie rods in the rear????

take it easy on me...lol

Oct 11, 2005
Thousand Oaks, CA
Run a thread chaser over it to clean it up, then degrease the ball joint taper and the knuckle so that there is more friction when you push the taper into the knuckle and start turning the nut.

I'm surprised anyone but Toyota carries that part!

mkiiichip

Sep 10, 2007
WI
They dont, he asked for a tie rod.

OP,no there are not any tie rods in the rear of a supra. Tie rods are connected to a power steering rack. Advance cannot help you here, call toyota with the part number everyone keeps saying.

SupraBro

3p141592654;1638895 said:
Run a thread chaser over it to clean it up, then degrease the ball joint taper and the knuckle so that there is more friction when you push the taper into the knuckle and start turning the nut.

I'm surprised anyone but Toyota carries that part!

so how can i push it in???? thats my problem...is there a tool to do it??

thanks for the help guys!!

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Clean the threads so the nut goes on easy. Then when the nut is at the hub and then pry back the suspension arm with a pry bar or something to put pressure on it so you can tighten the nut.

SupraBro

its freaking cross threaded...idk what the hell i did to do that, it was going on smooth then started getting tight. i think i messed up the threads getting it off. thanks for the help guys, i have tried everything you guys have told me

but i think i can still get it on if there is some kind of tool that can press it in, i used a small vice to press it tight and the bolt started to move more....if you guys can think of any tool to press it on let me know

thanks again,
brandon