Looking for some parts to get the Supra back on the road..

steveaw11

Feb 18, 2009
georgia
Just curious if anyone locally would have any of the parts I need.

Needed:

CT-26 Turbo - (mines shot needs a rebuild) Will take upgraded or not but needs to be in very good condition, would love a 57-1.
Exhaust- From the turbo elbow back, would prefer aftermarket honestly.
*Possible* 87 type Engine harness, mine is pretty rough but usable. Would consider one if it was sorta new since we cant get them from the dealer anymore.

May be looking for other things, but these are the biggies!

You can PM me or call/text at 404-661-6531
Name is Steve, from Griffin, GA.

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
57 trim usually sets you back 550-650.00
Dont see many used like that for sale. I may have a 60-1 CT26 for sale in a month or so but wouldnt part with it for less than 450.00 + shipping.
Used CT26's can be had for 100-250.00 from my searching...
The exhaust can be found from time to time used.. not sure what your budget is... that helps...

Dont think I would go 57 trim without 550 injectors (minimum) and the Lexus AFM upgrade. Some of that for sale in the parts area of this forum.

steveaw11

Feb 18, 2009
georgia
Grandavi;1917481 said:
57 trim usually sets you back 550-650.00
Dont see many used like that for sale. I may have a 60-1 CT26 for sale in a month or so but wouldnt part with it for less than 450.00 + shipping.
Used CT26's can be had for 100-250.00 from my searching...
The exhaust can be found from time to time used.. not sure what your budget is... that helps...

Dont think I would go 57 trim without 550 injectors (minimum) and the Lexus AFM upgrade. Some of that for sale in the parts area of this forum.

Yeah I kinda know what my prices are gonna be, I could get it all now from DM, but in my everquest to save a buck and help someone else out I always check whats available 1st ya know.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Where are you in GA?
I see the AW11 in your name- do you also have an MR2?

p1917506_1.jpg

steveaw11

Feb 18, 2009
georgia
supraguy@aol;1917506 said:
Where are you in GA?
I see the AW11 in your name- do you also have an MR2?

Yeah I have had MR2's in the past. They are what brought me to love Toyota (more I should say older Toyotas when It seems they were made with quality and pride) But atm I do still have 1, though its in alot of pieces. Its an 86 hardtop, had a 20v in it at one point, then a 5sfe, now its waiting for its donor engine from a wrecked shell I bought. Going back with the 'ole 4ag 16v.

Linchmob87

Jul 27, 2010
Bowersville,GA
You can run the 57 trim with 440s to around 12-15psi and its a fast 12 psi. And that is with a good fuel mixture. Good luck finding your parts man. CT turbo go up for sale alot used on the forums. You'll find one.

steveaw11

Feb 18, 2009
georgia
Well I've gotten everything but an exhaust at this point. Bought an 89 targa turbo as well to replace my 87 hardtop. I also bought a good longblock with a 57 trim attached to it for 400.
So after some web browsing looks like a hks downpipe might be the cheap route and just either pick up the DM exhaust or have one made.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
The hks doesn't include a turbo elbow.
If you dont already have an aftermarket elbow, you'll need to either get one, or get a downpipe that has one built in.

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
yes, I bought the HKS downpipe and exhaust (3") and it didn't have the elbow so I bought an elbow that was totally garbage. Returned the downpipe and got the Raptor Racing DDP with the integrated elbow and all is good. I do notice that the 57 trim (when it was on my car) had a nicer spool than the 60-1 I have on now. However, top end, I am probably better with the 60-1 CT26.

Odd that nobody talks about it much, but when you get anything with the turbo elbow and bung, you have to really watch the fact that there is a LOT of welding happening at the flanges. This causes the flanges to warp so you need to make sure that you grind them flat again. With the Raptor one, it wasn't massively warped, but I had to remove the lip between the wastegate and downpipe and grind the flange flat because I am really fussy. Shortened the divider plate that I removed a little as well as it was hitting turbo (about 1/4"). You can leave the warpage, but it stresses the bolts and can lead to leaks later... I prefer to have it right.