Looking for my old supra!

vmoua509

SpokaneSupras
Sep 17, 2007
Spokane, WA
www.cardomain.com
I sold my red 91 supra turbo targa to a guy in the seattle area... i would like to buy it back. I knew i should have kept it!

license plate number: 681-SWN
It is red with greay interior, 5spd, oem 91-92 5 spoke supra rims, spoiler

if you know who has it, please let me know. I really miss this car and i'm ready to let go of my built 93 civic hatchback DOHC VTEC to get this supra back.

Thanks!

Attachments

• PB040072.jpg
    PB040072.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 32
  • my_supra_pics_008.jpg
    my_supra_pics_008.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 31
  • PB040055.jpg
    PB040055.jpg
    246.8 KB · Views: 37

7down-7m

Jun 11, 2006
milton
do we know an age of the guy? or a guesstimate?

i seen one about 2 days ago in puyallup area . . did not pay any attention to liscense plate sorry but he was mexican/spanish/puerto rican . ..(name fits) and if it was him the car is not even close to the same shape as in your pics . . the car i seen looked like it had lost most of its clear coat and had oxidized quite a bit and primer on areas of the front end . .sorry i was unable to get a closer look . .but if u have more info about the person u sold to u might have some better luck in locating him

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
if you have your old proof of insurace papers you can dig up the vin and might then go to dmv and look up the current registration address. just a shot in the dark

mecevans

Supramania Contributor
Jan 18, 2009
M-bay, cali
or go to quick lube places and see if the plate is in there systems. thats how i found a couple supra owners in my area when looking for my cars history at work.

vmoua509

SpokaneSupras
Sep 17, 2007
Spokane, WA
www.cardomain.com
well, i found it! he listed it for sale! by looking at the pictures, its got primer on the driver side qtr panel now and a black vent scoop on the hood right aove where the turbo goes.... and yeah he is mexican.

makes me wonder what the hell happened! someone might have ran into him or kicked in the qtr panel or something...

i just emailed him and hopefully he responds back... i'll try to call him later also...

thanks guys for helpin out!

SUPERIUM

Low Postage Member
Nov 29, 2005
Buffalo, NY
vmoua509;1418739 said:
well, i found it! he listed it for sale! by looking at the pictures, its got primer on the driver side qtr panel now and a black vent scoop on the hood right aove where the turbo goes.... and yeah he is mexican.

makes me wonder what the hell happened! someone might have ran into him or kicked in the qtr panel or something...

thanks guys for helpin out!

He's mexican, thats what the hell happened lol. Good luck on getting it back.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
I just went searching for where I saw those pictures before, but you had posted them in the Red thread. Supra90turbo just got a new red car, but I think it is a 90, and I don't know exactly where he is.

vmoua509

SpokaneSupras
Sep 17, 2007
Spokane, WA
www.cardomain.com
REDMARO: dang! what color is that supra on your banner! looks dam good! its unique! not like everyone elses red, black, white, blue, burgandy, etc. etc.

i'm going to call him tonight and see if he still has it. i'm not racist... i'm asian and i'm married to an american girl!

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
mexi chrome = duck tape. Dose the vent have "chrome" around it? :LOL, JK.
:) you found it.

I did the same thing 4 years ago, when looking for my old 89 turbo, I was on the hunt for. Unfortunately mine didnt end in the same happy ending. :cry:.

I did find it, it was here on SM but the owner didnt take care of it for the 2 years I didn't have it. The rear rusted out, the bomex bumper was smashed, and interior well wasn't up to par. I even could buy it back for 1K$ less then I sold it for.!.! One problem was that I had painted it chrome illusion and the paint is not fixable with out repainting the entire car.

And on that note It popped up on craigslist this past spring with a 1J not swapped into it!!!! Not in any better shape.

But I have a new 89 turbo that is my new baby and all I need is pics. of the last.
p1419026_1.jpg

p1419026_2.jpg

p1419026_3.jpg

vmoua509

SpokaneSupras
Sep 17, 2007
Spokane, WA
www.cardomain.com
well, this is what my old supra looks like now....needs paint on driver qtr panel, foglights are missing, engine bay has blue plastic wire loom, and the black vent scoop on the hood!

Attachments

• josesupra01.jpg
    josesupra01.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 35
  • josesupra03.jpg
    josesupra03.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 29
  • josesupra02.jpg
    josesupra02.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 28
  • josesupra04.jpg
    josesupra04.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 22

vmoua509

SpokaneSupras
Sep 17, 2007
Spokane, WA
www.cardomain.com
well i found the car. its listed for sale under the seattle craigslist ads.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/1414657226.html

the guy is asking $3500. if anyone is interested in it, go pick it up. my wife and i decided that at this time, its best for me to keep my civic. money is an issue right now. my kids helped me rebuild my dohc vtec motor in my civic. for a mild build, it already runs mid 14's in the qtr mile. so its actually pretty quick...maybe i can talk her into letting me get a supra turbo or boost my civic later when money isnt an issue.

thanks for all of your guys help!