Long Term: "Project Fix the Piggy" Picture/Write Up **NOT 56K Friendly**

Raptor Racing

Supramania Contributor
Nov 5, 2005
Toronto
Well...I guess it's time I formally introduced my cars to you fine folks over here at SM. I've been a lurker but recent events has shown me what a class act this forum can be. I thought I'd share with you what's going with my mk3.

Before the pictures some small details: I've had the car since May 15, 1998 at 4:31pm (give or take a few seconds...but who's counting:icon_roll ). This car has been a nightmare of bad luck since day one...but somehow I have an emotional bond to it and will NEVER get rid of her....here she is:

p362969_1.jpg

Fast Forward many years: I was fortunate enough to find a brand new in the box toyota short block from a local Toyota employee. So April 2005 that went in the car and here are some of the other mods:
  • K&N FIPK
  • Lexus AFM/RC 550's/Walbro
  • Spearco IC/HKS BOV/Cooleze I/C pipes
  • Upgraded HKS Sport Turbo (bolt on) - no specs on the upgrade
  • HKS SuperDragger - hate it...way too quiet
  • Raptor Racing DDP - NO NOT A COPY OF THE BIC
  • HKS EZ II Boost Controller
  • PWR Rad and Samco up and lower Rad Hoses
  • Aeromotive 13109 AFRP and lines
  • Mild Head Port and Polish - ARP Studs and HKS MHG

On a trip to Kentucky in April '05 after breaking it in I was able to get 240rwhp with no boost controller on a DynoDynamics Dyno...roughly calculated to 271rwhp on a Dynojet!!

p362969_2.jpg

Well to make a long story short my bad luck continued and 4 ringlands decided they did not want to play nice...so the motor got rebuilt....AGAIN. I decided not to play around with the MK3 and started concentrating on my MK2. The best way to not feel bad about not driving it was to start tearing crap apart so I couldn't drive it even if I wanted.

So my future plans of my MK3 include:
  • Strip Engine Bay and Paint & Paint the whole car
  • Brand New 1989 Engine Harness...already purchase...what a beautiful unit :)
  • Ceramic/Powdercoat/Polish various engine bay pieces
  • MAFT-Pro with a Wideband
  • Coilovers and Front and Back BBK
  • Whiteline Sway Bars and Full Bushing Replacement
  • New Cat-back Exhaust with Twin Tip Muffler - not a fan of the SuperDragger Fart Can anymore
The big money stuff will come at a later time; I'm concentrating all my funds/time into the MK2 for now. So I decided to start on the free stuff for now (labour):

Here's the Before Pix taken just before i started:
DSC_0001.jpg

Starting to remove electronics from the Drivers Side:
DSC_0024.jpg

Upper Intake Manifold and Fuel Rail Removed:
DSC_0030.jpg

Intake Manifold completely off:
DSC_0037.jpg

Harness finally out of the car...will be a fine addition to my mk2 :):
DSC_0044.jpg

Next Step is to take all this crap off:
DSC_0048.jpg

Bumper is off; she needs painted bad:
DSC_0057.jpg

DSC_0059.jpg

DSC_0060.jpg

DSC_0061.jpg

DSC_0062.jpg

Decided that the whole accessories harness is going to come out too. This will help out when I paint the engine bay; pretty much the only thing that will remain in the engine bay/bumper area is the a/c system/accessories. Booster and Clutch Master off:
DSC_0065.jpg

Header Panel; Headlights and all support parts are out/coming out:
DSC_0077.jpg

DSC_0078.jpg

DSC_0087.jpg

Last edited:

Raptor Racing

Supramania Contributor
Nov 5, 2005
Toronto
I'm running out of room here: bumper; header panel; ps cooler line and other junk:
DSC_0079.jpg

DSC_0088.jpg

Getting the Accesory Harness ready to come out
DSC_0086.jpg

The Accessory Harness is finally out...she's gonna get cleaned and gonna put new covering over the wires. I'm considering that nylon mesh like product Russels has:
DSC_0095%20(30).jpg

The Battery Tray areas' gonna need some serious tlc:
DSC_0095%20(32).jpg

Most of the junk off the passenger fender is off; as is the abs unit (lines labelled); charcoal canister and the wiper motor. I'm gonna look into getting a smaller charcoal canister...perhaps one out of a crx or equivilant:
DSC_0095%20(41).jpg

This is around where I stopped work as the MK2 got in the way...if any of you are seriously bored and want to see what I had to do to that beast to get it road worthy scoot on over to the mk2 forums and check out this thread:

http://forums.celicasupra.com/showthread.php?t=23670&highlight=back+black

Thanks for checking out my boring thread!! There will probably be no updates for a while...just thought I'd have something up there so when people ask me where my mk3 is I have an answer for them.

Stanzaspeed

2.5 Twin Turbo R
Staff member
Mar 30, 2005
Calgary, AB
very nice car. glad to see you are loosing the super dragger too.

best of luck on the build, im sure the results will be awesome! :)

Raptor Racing

Supramania Contributor
Nov 5, 2005
Toronto
Ok;

after a year of not having one supra on the road I need boost back so "Project Fix the Piggy" has officially exited hybernation mode. I have to sit down and plan exactly what's going to get done this winter/spring and what can wait. I've started buying all the parts I needed including a set of wheels I wanted to share with y'all.

For about a decade I've always loved the Blitz Type-03 but they were always too expensive. RB had a set a couple of months ago; I still wasn't convinced they would suite the car. My friend did a quick photoshop of the rims on my car...2mins later I bougght them :). The cool thing is I have about half a dozen MK3 1/24scale models and about 4 sets of 1/24 scale Blitz Type 03's...so I can pretty much build a duplicate of my car in 1/24 scale :).

p822021_1.jpg

PS...sorry to bring this thread back from the dead...just all excited as I really miss my MK3 and it's all I've thinking about lately. Damn Company and taking money away from my cars :cry:

Tire Shredder

Sep 15, 2005
Oshawa
George, you know how i feel about this project. Those wheels are going to look awesome on there, they look so good in person.

He's holding out on you guys though. That isn't a normal HKS sport turbo...it's had some modifications done. and you must understand that dyno was with no boost controller. You should have felt the thing at 14psi!

can't wait to see this thing finished. you're just some labour away!

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Confucious say:Less picture posting and more wrench turning is in your near future......:biglaugh: