Lo-Tek gauge pods

Status
Not open for further replies.

91Supra313

Jul 30, 2009
Clarksville TN
I am currently talking with Lo-Tek ( gaugepods.com ) to see about a possible group buy for their double and triple pods. I just received my pod from them and have ordered from them in the past. Most of us on the site know the quality of the product from them. I am trying to find out about group discounts as we speak. Of course all ordering would go through me, and I would have them shipped to me and my wife would simply drop ship them off to the end location. As soon as I have more info on the offer from them, I will post on here.

Just wondering though, how many members would be interested in getting in on this? I am talking gauge pods for the MK3 and 4 Supras only. Double and triple pods, in the basic colors. Once again, as soon as I find anything out, you will know. If I can find out an initial interest though it might move them to help us with pricing.

91Supra313

Jul 30, 2009
Clarksville TN
Update.

I just heard back from Lo-Tek and they said they will offer us ( Supramania ) a 20% discount on the internet price if we can get 10 or more people. They said they will need a 2 week lead time to get the bulk products in to make the pods. So I guess it is time to start a group buy thread.

91Supra313

Jul 30, 2009
Clarksville TN
I have already filled out a group buy app on here. There is zero modification needed. I had one in my last Supra and the pod slid right into where the old A pillar fit. With the double pod, the old oh shit handle can be used. The triple I am unsure of. I have not made it home to fit mine. If anyone on here has a Lo-Tek triple installed please chime in and let us know about how to mount it. I do know that the double when installed looks damn good. When I put mine on, I slide it into the opening at the dash/ windshield, and then used the oh shit handle to screw it down tight. no movement at all.

Just be on the lookout for a group buy thread. When and if it is approved, and we get 10 people, I will collect paypal payments and get the order in immediately. I have already notified Dennis at Lo-Tek that we have some serious interest on the site and he is prepping for the order.

91Supra313

Jul 30, 2009
Clarksville TN
What I am going to do, is when I get home on the 21st, is take my pod and the box it came in, the same way it came from Lo-Tek, and get a shipping price through USPS to Whidbey Island in Washington, and a price up to Bangor Maine. This way we will know what the high end of shipping from me in Clarksville TN will be. Once I get a set price from the vendor, I will take the shipping from them and divide it up amongst everyone's order. That way shipping from the vendor might be $2 if that per person. Shipping to me for my single pod with no discount was $8.98. So if we get that sort of deal, then it is less then $1 per person added to the total cost. Then we just add shipping from me to you. I am not looking to make a single cent here. I am wanting to get a damn good deal and a great product to the members. Just remember everyone, they said a 2 week lead time on the order before it ships. This way they can make 10 at a time and ship them out. I will be in constant contact with Lo-Tek once the order is placed, and I will definitely keep you all in the loop. As soon as the main box arrives, within 24-48 hours ( depending on the kids and wife of course ) the separate orders will head out. Most will of course just head back out the same day if the mail arrives early enough.

98BlakTacoma

Jun 1, 2012
Sterling
Ahh okk yeah that's not too bad and I'm in VA so shouldn't be to bad to ship and yeah sign me up for light grey

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

91Supra313

Jul 30, 2009
Clarksville TN
These guys also sell the gauge pod hole covers. They are sending me one tomorrow. they will paint them to match. I'm sure they will cut us a deal on those as well.

There seems to be a ton of interest for this product, so once the group buy is approved, we can start on the minimum of 10 people. Once I have 10 people paid I will place the order.

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
I've had 2 gauge pods from them, one I bought new and one I bought second hand from a member off of here, and they both fit perfectly. No modification needed. The "oh shit!" handle can still be used with the 2 pod, but the 3 pod I believe only bolts down with no handle, but honestly, why would the driver need said handle?

91Supra313

Jul 30, 2009
Clarksville TN
Ok boys and girls, cats and dogs lol, I have the final pricing from the vendor. This is what I was sent from Dennis @ Lo-Tek

Prices are for both MKIII & MKIV:

Actual Web price:

doubles - $44.99 unpainted

triples - $49.99 unpainted

painting - $7.99 each. Painting is not discounted

Your cost @ 20%:

doubles - $36.00 unpainted, $43.99 painted

triples - $40.00 unpainted, $47.99 painted

Shipping is based on weight and size of the package. We cannot give an exact price until items are made and packaged. Since you are in TN it should not be more than $25.00-$30.00 for 10 units in one box. If you get more than 10 orders factor in a little higher shipping cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.