lexus afm

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
check the forsale section as well. they pop up quite often.

-shaeff

boost fiend

Banned
Jul 24, 2005
Rockford, Il
try suprasport.com!!!! they have the lexus afm with the extra screw for about $140!!! just remeber to get the newer fuel pump and the 550 injectors!!!! they have a package deal there too!!! ya should give them a try.

siman

Lifetime Ban
Mar 31, 2005
Murfreesboro, TN
www.cardomain.com
unless you are running upwards of 16+lbs of boost, the stock computer and 440's will be fine. Just make sure you dial up the fuel pressure for more fuel which is a greater duty cycle. Our injectors stock run about 80% duty cycle....hence my hypothesis that the stockers will be fine.

JBLMK3 ran 400whp on stock 440s and stock fuel pump with a FPR and a lexus afm.

But if you car has like 100K+ miles on it and has not seen a rebuild on the full motor...I would advise you to upgrade the fuel pump and injectors and such.

I am just going to dril out my afm this weekend ( got 3 days off) and see if I dont hit FC.....if i still do, well off to ebay for the lexus afm then.

-Jonathan

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
siman said:
unless you are running upwards of 16+lbs of boost, the stock computer and 440's will be fine. Just make sure you dial up the fuel pressure for more fuel which is a greater duty cycle. Our injectors stock run about 80% duty cycle....hence my hypothesis that the stockers will be fine.

550's = insurance. would you rather run rich and smoke a little, maybe change plugs more often, or would you rather run lean and melt holes in your pistons? i'd rather not push the duty cycle of 12+ year old injectors. dont cheap out when you're messing with your motor. at least get the stockers cleaned and flow tested before you do any of that.

JBLMK3 ran 400whp on stock 440s and stock fuel pump with a FPR and a lexus afm.[/quote

john also knows how to TUNE. tuning is KEY. most new guys (myself included) dont know how to properly tune the car yet, hence MY point that you shouldnt be messing with the old injectors, trying to make them push a higher duty cycle unless they're proven that they can do so.

But if you car has like 100K+ miles on it and has not seen a rebuild on the full motor...I would advise you to upgrade the fuel pump and injectors and such.

or, dont try to push 400hp on a 120k motor! thats pressing your luck. at least check clearances and such, lest rodknock be rap tap tapping at your door. (read: block) ;)

I am just going to dril out my afm this weekend ( got 3 days off) and see if I dont hit FC.....if i still do, well off to ebay for the lexus afm then.

drill it out how? to get more unmetered air in, like the lex? just curious.

-shaeff

siman

Lifetime Ban
Mar 31, 2005
Murfreesboro, TN
www.cardomain.com
Shaeff.....most of the general mk3 community wants cheap fast hp....we know are cars are not the most reliable motor wise so thats already taken into account ( hopefully).

But based on the past experiances with others, teh stock ( good flowing) 440's are good enough for 400hp max.

100cc's more is NOT that much......and definantly not worth $300 bucks....you might as well run some 650's or so and just run stock FP in them meaning an overall lower duty cycle. THATS insurance..

I dont see a benefit to the 550s for the price...just get 650-750s for the same price.

Thats the way I see it.

sathu

Apr 20, 2005
SJ, CA
I am changing out my old turbo with busted oil seal for a 60-1, yet to be install. Is a FPR required, or can I just run it with stock everything with a MBC that I am building? My injectors is clean with the Lucas thing every time I fuel up. My bro tried to change out the fuel pump and fuel filter but we gaved up on it as it was such a hard thing to get to. The thing is still in the back of the car awaiting install lol.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
siman said:
Shaeff.....most of the general mk3 community wants cheap fast hp....we know are cars are not the most reliable motor wise so thats already taken into account ( hopefully).

since the thread has kindof gone on a tangent anyway:

$300 is cheap. WAY cheaper than new pistons. our cars ARE reliable if you take care of them. change the oil, keep all fluids in check, change antifreeze, MHG, and do a little oiling work and you have reliability. so as far as i'm concerned, yes it's taken into account that my car is reliable.

But based on the past experiances with others, teh stock ( good flowing) 440's are good enough for 400hp max.

i'm willing to be there's more 400hp supras with 550's than there are with 440's. why even risk it when $300 gets you brand new better flowing, AND better spray pattern injectors?

100cc's more is NOT that much......and definantly not worth $300 bucks....you might as well run some 650's or so and just run stock FP in them meaning an overall lower duty cycle. THATS insurance..

you're blowing it out of proportion a bit here. 550's are fine. they're definately worth $300 to me. i like my pistons NOT see through. besides, many, many of the people reading here will think that it's ok to use their at least 12yr old injectors for building a 400hp car without getting them cleaned, and even if they are cleaned, one must know how to properly tune a car. it's all in the tuning. thats why i say that 550's are more safe. they give you a bit more room for error. better rich than lean.

I dont see a benefit to the 550s for the price...just get 650-750s for the same price.

generally, you're not going to get quality 650-750cc injectors for the same price as 550's.

-shaeff

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
oh i know that trick. ;) i'm just offering my opinion on injectors and whatnot. i have no fuel cut issues :)

-shaeff

b005t3d

Banned
Jul 14, 2005
bellevue,nashville, tn
hey y'all, thanks for all the good word. i have the 550's in there already and a fuel fpr so i guess the afm is the last thing. them ill hook up the e-manage finally and tune. see what the tank will put to the wheels.

siman

Lifetime Ban
Mar 31, 2005
Murfreesboro, TN
www.cardomain.com
good choice!

Keep track of the A/F ratio...I would like to see how bad/good it is with the stock 440's and fuel pump but with the lex and 14+lbs of boost on stock basically......could help diffuse some of the ponderings around here on frying your pistons and what not.

b005t3d

Banned
Jul 14, 2005
bellevue,nashville, tn
siman said:
good choice!

Keep track of the A/F ratio...I would like to see how bad/good it is with the stock 440's and fuel pump but with the lex and 14+lbs of boost on stock basically......could help diffuse some of the ponderings around here on frying your pistons and what not.
im pretty sure i could hit my goal hp wise with the 550's the lex afm and the ct26 with the emanage and the boost controller i already have. i just have to get ahold of some funding to get the afm and on a freakin dyno.

SupraJack

Apr 3, 2005
No need to go digging through a junk yard for a lexus AFM now guys. We took the best parts of the Lexus and stock fitment and supply an screw which we sell different lengths for certain apps. We have the AFM on sale right now for $161.20, AND it has the adjustment screw, if your feeling lucky and have the time we are giving one away at SILV05 (Supras Invade Las Vegas) this year. Tickets are only $5.00 and lots of stuff will be given away. Here is the link of the being raffled off(we will ship the prizes to the winners if you are not present).
SupraSport SILV05 Raffle
Thanks for reading
Jack
jack@suprasport.com