lets play a guessing game, wat do you think broke?

queenskid926

Tires yeling @ every Lite
Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
Im driving home having some fun with a g35, walking on him easily and now when i went to shift from 4th gear to 5th gear, it would not go into 5th. Ok thats wierd, Tried to put it back into 4th, It was unable to go back into any gear.
When the clutch pedal is pressed fully, its a small vibration. I got the car home. Again It will not go into any gear while the car is on, but it will go into gear when the car is off. The only gear that it can almost go into when the car is on is reverse, and its grinding.
Clutch pedal still has alot of pressure, just now that now when fully pressed Its a small vibration

Stock 7mgte stock flywheels, act pressure plate, New toyota master cylinder and slave cylinder, Stock oem clutch disk, w58, stock shifter.

I will be checking underneath and taking the tranny out this weekend but what do you think broke guys?

queenskid926

Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
radiod;1413595 said:
We had a similar problem with our Integra race car at the track...turned out to be a broken shifter fork :(

yea so far everybody been telling me that most likely a spring from the clutch disk popped out and wedge itself in between the disk* and the pressure plate, but its only one way to find out, tranny will out fully 2moro.

Last edited:

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Even though you say you have pressure, I'd check the basics first. Slave, master, lines, fluid level...etc

If all that checks out then the problem won't be fun and looks like you need to pull the trans.

deabionni

The Lurker
Sep 16, 2007
Kalkaska, MI
queenskid926;1413677 said:
yea so far everybody been telling me that most likely a spring from the clutch disk popped out and wedge itself in between the dick and the pressure plate, but its only one way to find out, tranny will out fully 2moro.

That must hurt like a son of a bitch! :icon_razz

That does sound like the clutch disk or something came apart. Once you have the tranny pulled, don't forget to post pics of the carnage. We LOVE carnage pics! :)

queenskid926

Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
deabionni;1413687 said:
That must hurt like a son of a bitch! :icon_razz

That does sound like the clutch disk or something came apart. Once you have the tranny pulled, don't forget to post pics of the carnage. We LOVE carnage pics! :)

lol i just so edited that out lol.
and i checked the basics, fluid level, check slave actuator for movement etc, so trany is already started the process of taking it out, It will be out and post some pics up 2moro depending on the weather

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
ForcedTorque;1413895 said:
My bet is the W-58 broke being push by a 7MGTE, and racing

He is grinding gears and he can get into gear when the car isn't running....this alone means it's not a trans problem...

I had a similar issue with my stock Toyota clutch...it had rubber bushings instead of springs...one of the rubbers broke (and had babies) and wedged itself between the pp and disk...I could muscle it into gear but I put a new clutch in few days later.

paradox616

Sep 12, 2008
Melbourne, Australia
sounds like an issue i had with my W58,

had pedal pressure but the clutch was not being disengaged %100, it was very hard to get in and out of gear while the motor was running.

turned out to be a worn slave cylinder causing air to enter the clutch line, as queenskid said id be checking the clutch lines & cylinders.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
It's the head gasket.

sorry- I know that didn't help, but it's late and I couldn't resist.
Good luck, and when you find out what it was, you ARE required to post the result here for posterity.

7mMoneyPit

Mar 12, 2009
Baltimore
You're probably past this point already but just throwing it out there. I fixed my friends awd dsm yesterday when he was having a similar problem, turns out when he put in his new clutch he forgot to put in a bell housing bolt right where the slave cylinder was. When he pushed the clutch pedal the slave cylinder would push the shift fork into the pressure plate which spread the motor from the trans. He couldn't put it into any gear without major grinding, he had bad vibration when he tried to leave from a light and the clutch was making a hell of a chatter. Might not help you but maybe somebody else can learn from it.

queenskid926

Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

that was the culprit got a next disk now its the fun part of putting the w58 back in smh this is gonna be a bitch.