LED tail light designs (pics)

toyzforme

I need deeper pockets
Jan 1, 2008
Summerville, SC
I was behind a new solara coming home last night and when he hit his brakes and the LEDS lite up, WOW if you don't see him then you must be blind. As for the brightness I think it would be worth it so that no body rearends you like they like to do here in SC. I would do this if I knew how to wire it all up and then put the lights in. Anybody have a how to LOL

Drake69

Enjoyin' mah ride...
Aug 24, 2009
Richmond, Virginia, United States
RazoE;1512440 said:
JZ tails are the same as 7M/1G taillights..

Except these are post 89+, and mine are pre89+. The lenses are darker in the Japanese JZ factory taillights unlike the USDM ones. Plus I get the middle piece that matches the lenses instead of the older middle piece that matches the body color. It'll make it stand out more.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
Drake69;1512629 said:
Except these are post 89+, and mine are pre89+. The lenses are darker in the Japanese JZ factory taillights unlike the USDM ones. Plus I get the middle piece that matches the lenses instead of the older middle piece that matches the body color. It'll make it stand out more.

That's the thing, 89+ taillights are all the same...only difference may be the center piece...

Mine came off a 1G narrow body car, so it has different trim (hard ribbed plastic, no soft rubber strip on our trim) but the lenses themselves are all the same, regardless of equipment...

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
The diffusers inside the lenses are tinted on the 89+ JDM's and the center section is painted a dark silver on the back side of the lense.

On the pre-89's the turn signals are different on JDM's IIRC.

RiyadYar

Supramania Contributor
Nov 20, 2007
NY
i likke Solid diffuse light on the sides and extending to the center section for extra width..it looks like a jdm muscle and not to futuristic

Kalos

Medic
Aug 16, 2008
Idaho
Well, here's one arrangement (no photoshop involved here) ....

p1514677_1.jpg

p1514677_2.jpg

p1514677_3.jpg

polobai

Apr 1, 2005
Orlampa
I have the circle led tails on mine from a semi truck. If you put them close enough to the lense you will have no problems with the light looking wierd. Search under my name for pics and you will see what I'm talking about

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
polobai;1516344 said:
I have the circle led tails on mine from a semi truck. If you put them close enough to the lense you will have no problems with the light looking wierd. Search under my name for pics and you will see what I'm talking about

for those wondering..

attachment.php