LED dash.

Mk3 TurboS

No not a "Turbo A"
Mar 31, 2005
Australia
Hey all came across these two pics a while back. I found an exact how to and install and what LED's are needed for doing this to a MkIV but nothing for a MkIII. I'm pretty sure the red one is Bishop92T's car. Not sure bout the other. So my Question is who's done it? What kind of LED's do you need? What is involved in installing? and whats everyones Opinion on them? I like the Blue.

Attachments

• redinterior1.jpg
    redinterior1.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 211
  • img_1877.jpg
    img_1877.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 227

Mk3 TurboS

No not a "Turbo A"
Mar 31, 2005
Australia
Yeah I had the op to get one for 50 bucks and missed out. Thanks i'll have look over there!

EDIT: Just tried to register in SF and was told it has been blocked by admins?

Last edited:

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
no dice that link doesnt work

nothing supra forums works unless member sucks cus i just want to read and atleast contribute a bit

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
man you fuckers are whiners! :D

heres all the info as far as what was posted...

RED: The actual part number for these is Liteon LTL-1CHE-012. They are 12.6 MCD with a 60 degree viewing angle, and rated at 2.0 - 2.6 volts @ 20mA. (The unit runs off of 2.1 volts) Full specs: http://mywebpages.comcast.net/pescl...teonledspec.pdf You can get them on eBay, usually listed as 3mm T1 red LED's, sold in bulk, I got 100 of them for $7 shipped. They actually come in a paper strip for machine insertion. You will need 29 for the conversion, 16 for the button backlighting and 13 for the indicator lights. SIMPLY REPLACE OLD LEDS WITH NEW RED LEDS. DONE.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

BLUE: http://www.eled.com/product.asp?catalog_name=LEDs&product_id=E934MBD for the LED and you will need to go to radioshack and buy about 3 packs of 150 OHM resistors... REPLACE OLD LEDS WITH BLUE LEDS...REPLACE THE 300 OHM RESISTORS WITH THE 150 OHM ONES. You will have to come up with something else for the indicator lights as no one has attempted to find where the resistors for them are. In this example its blue button lights and red indicator lights.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

TO CHANGE THE TEMP DISPLAY NUMBERS:
There are 3 green filters. One is built into the plastic front panel the other two are on the circuit board itself. I removed all 3 and put a piece of red plastic in their place. For the front piece you have to pop it out (it's glued into place) by pushing from the back side.

OR

I just colored the stock plastic peice that covers the lights (the one on the front of the climate control that says "TEMP" on it. Then I put some tape over the display and colored it red w/ a sharpie. Then put another layer and color that too. I cant remember how many layers I had, but just do a couple and if its not red enough do it again.

HERES SOME PICS OF THE CLIMATE CONTROL DISMANTLED:

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

FINALLY:

If you go to http://www.digikey.com and copy and paste these part numbers in... it will bring up everything you need...INCLUDING a replacement 7SEG temp display to change to red or whatnot rather then coloring the plastic etc...

Backlight: LN277RPX

Indicator Lights: LTL-4266N

Replacement temp display: LDD-A406NI

NOW EVERYONE SHUTUP! :D

Last edited:

Mk3 TurboS

No not a "Turbo A"
Mar 31, 2005
Australia
I do see what you mean IJ could be a little wierd. Im trying to keep a bit of a blue thing happening. SafcII, headunit, steering wheel. Also Ideal since your SSSOOOOOO good at shutting us whingers up :biglaugh: How hard is it to do the dash (as in speedo, tacho, and other gauges)???

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
Mk3 TurboS said:
I do see what you mean IJ could be a little wierd. Im trying to keep a bit of a blue thing happening. SafcII, headunit, steering wheel. Also Ideal since your SSSOOOOOO good at shutting us whingers up :biglaugh: How hard is it to do the dash (as in speedo, tacho, and other gauges)???

lol...the dash is easy but it depends on how exactly you want to do it... you could easily solder in LEDs into the stock wiring in place of the bulbs...but you might have to add a couple to make it light up properly...

or you could try and put blue condoms on the bulbs instead of the green ones and see if you like the shade of blue it gives off....

etc etc...

also i figured i would help some people out and offer my services ;) http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5346

Mk3 TurboS

No not a "Turbo A"
Mar 31, 2005
Australia
D34D so how hard will it be to go all green LOL. Anyway sorry to ask all the Q's but.... Does anyone know of another climate control unit out of another Toyota that will replace the old ones? I just figure that they would be pretty universal. Maybe?