Leatherseats dot com installation problem.

89TurboPC

May 10, 2007
Beach Cities, SoCal
Hi guys/gals
For those who order leatherseats cover from leatherseats.com, how do you guys install the front backrest?
The part that I'm having trouble with is the one that cover the top shoulder/headrest. The original cover use plastic snap/hook sew to the cover to snap with big plastic that cover the side of the plastic. The cover from LS.com is missing that plastic hook.
Did you guys transfer the old hook to the new cover by sew/stapler it on ???

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
I made my own instead of paying leatherseats for theirs, and this was what I had to do. A fair bit of the hardware I reused from the old seats. It was a pain getting the old ones sewn onto the new upholstery, too - my machine wouldn't go through the plastic, so I had to hand sew it through the original holes in the plastic.

89TurboPC

May 10, 2007
Beach Cities, SoCal
Thanks for the response.
At first, I was thinking about making the cover myself. After I pull the cover off and look over, I just say forget about making myself. It will take me forever to put together one. It's not worth my time to spend making one and time is something that I don't have much spare. I just pay and use that time to play with my kids.
I did remove and reuse the plastic hook from the old cover and hand sew it to the new one using old holes. I sew one piece last night and it's freaking killing my fingers by pushing that tiny needles to the vinyl and plastic.

89TurboPC

May 10, 2007
Beach Cities, SoCal
oh yeah .... the thimble help out a lot.

Ah ... should of though about reusing the factory carpet attached to the rear bottom. That will help protect the seat from my kids getting in/out of the car.