Leak *PIC*

s383mmber1

Oct 31, 2005
Somers New York
Developed a nice coolant leak and beilive its coming from here. What can i do to fix this? Were could it be leaking from? Its dripping down the fire-wall from the disconnected hose end.

-All help appreciated!

William

Edit: Just to clarify things, there is the hose on the pipe, i jsut took it off for the picture. The coolant seems to be leaking fro the rubber grommet on the firewall.

Attachments

• leak.jpg
    leak.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:

brs86supra

Nov 5, 2006
suffolk,va.
if its dripping out of the piece on teh fire wall, then you need to put a hose going from there to the bottom of you heater bypass valve.

s383mmber1

Oct 31, 2005
Somers New York
brs86supra;1058354 said:
if its dripping out of the piece on teh fire wall, then you need to put a hose going from there to the bottom of you heater bypass valve.

LMAO! There is a hose on there, i jsut took it off for the picture ;)

But thanks for the help! :icon_bigg

67rstbkt

May 22, 2008
Reno, NV
s383mmber1;1058331 said:
Developed a nice coolant leak and beilive its coming from here. What can i do to fix this? Were could it be leaking from? Its dripping down the fire-wall from the disconnected hose end.

-All help appreciated!

William

Edit: Just to clarify things, there is the hose on the pipe, i jsut took it off for the picture. The coolant seems to be leaking fro the rubber grommet on the firewall.

Uhh, isn't that the heater core? If so, replace it and leak should stop.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
You need this:

p1059146_1.jpg

It comes from here:

p1059146_2.jpg

And just comes apart by removing the clip seen in the first pic. It is not part of the heater core, but is clipped on to it. Removing the heater core housing is not an easy task without first removing the dash. Even then, it is somewhat difficult to remove. I just bypassed mine, but it never really gets that cold where I live, and I drive only a mile to work.

626na

Banned
Jan 15, 2008
cali
so can i just bypass my heater core and take that hose that goes from the core to the head?