Last Day of 2008!!!!

FatalStylez

Dec 24, 2008
Rolla, Missouri
Since it's the last day of 2008. What is one cool thing/accomplishment you have done this Year.

I'll start off.

After I graduated Highschool, I started Linn State Technical College for Automotive Technology. So far I love it and the teachers really bond with the students and do whatever they can to help you. Plus they have a dyno there!!! Its gonna suck once I reach 400 whp cus thats the limit on it ( its an older dyno)

tbcmorris

SM Expert Thread Derailer
Mar 14, 2007
PRUVEN PERFORMANCE MILFORD CT
It should. To make it more general discusion. My accomplishment was rebuilding my 87 turbo that pretty burnt to the ground in marchish. With a lot of help from supramania member. Slow66, tubbie, foreverpysoctic,ij,jet jock,88yotaturbo, frankrizzo. Thanks guys ;) :)

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
IJ.;1213879 said:
Survived another year ;)

That's not his only accomplishment, but you'll have to read through 27,000 pages of posts to find out his other ones.

I swapped my 1jz for a 1.5jz and then swapped a blown 1.5jz for another 1.5jz.......:cry:

Cya

Aug 12, 2005
Columbia, S.C>
Graduated from college, got my 1jz (now the wiring is another story), moved out and made it through the BS another year.

CTsupra

Supramania Contributor
Didn't really accomplish anything besides waste money on a supra only to have it totaled.

I'm already in college (just have to get my ass back and finish), but screwing around with the Army is keeping me from that. That's ok, though.

I helped vote in a union at my job only to tell my boss to go fuck off and quit after they gave me a $0.30ct raise when I do a supervisors job.

So, that's about it. Now, that I'm unemployed and loving it, perhaps I'll go back to school full-time for a semester or two and let the Army pay for it along with paying me for taking classes.

And in 2010 I'll be back in Afghanistan making about $70k at the risk of my own life.

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
Whilst it is already 09 over here, thought I may aswell post...

2008 saw the following:

$15K payrise (and bf got a $20K rasie)

had a surprise baby and have somehow survived the past 7 months without going nuts...

Got to finally meet IJ :D

enacted an extremely disciplined budget so me and my bf will both be debt free come 2010 :)

Mended some bridges with the family, and have been spending more time with them.

Bring on 09 (hopefully a bigger and better year!)

savannahashlee

I AM A CHICK :)
Jan 15, 2008
PDX (Oregon)
LilMissMkIII;1214157 said:
had a surprise baby and have somehow survived the past 7 months without going nuts...

Wait until she's 2....

As for me:
Its an accomplishment I'm not in traction...Since Sept 08 I've: Broke my ankle, developed psoriasis, torn my metacarpal in my knee, and broke my tail bone.....

January 09 for me:
Biopsy, another MRI and possibly surgery

TopSecret

"Fudge you, butthole!"
Sep 4, 2005
BC
Moved from a huge shithole (I'm talking "Should have been condemned a decade ago"-shithole) with lots of property to an awesome big house with shop and lots of property. Very lucky that we have a great landlord (who is also the hubby's boss) as well :D

Wills7MGTE

( . )( . )'s RULE!!!!
May 12, 2006
Jackson, MO
www.myspace.com
I am in Missouri to, Cape Girardeau like 1 and half hours south of STL.

My accomplishment was I quit dispatching and finished the Law Enforcement Academy 2nd in my class and I scored a 92 on my state test which was highest of my class on second was an 88. I now have my MO Class A 640 Hour P.O.S.T. License.

DsBetterHalf

The Pretty Doward
Jan 25, 2008
Alachua, FL
Managed to keep my job for an entire year and get promoted *with a raise* right before Christmas.......................

........................................Only to find out that I'll be losing it in January when they close my store. (They are closing 87 Waldenbooks across the US by the end of January, and my store is one of them)

So for 2009: A JOB!!

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
DsBetterHalf;1214402 said:
Managed to keep my job for an entire year and get promoted *with a raise* right before Christmas.......................

........................................Only to find out that I'll be losing it in January when they close my store. (They are closing 87 Waldenbooks across the US by the end of January, and my store is one of them)

So for 2009: A JOB!!

I feel you on that one, I was making awesome money at the place I worked at, now no more job. :( Time to find a new one!