Larger FMIC installed, no room 4 over flow tank. Post pic. of what you did installed

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Well I got my intercooler mounted and well guess what, over flow tank dosent fit. ( im guessing like others out there with larger intercooler) Please post pic. of what/where you mounted the over flow tank. Custom tank? :1zhelp:

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
Though this may not help since i relocated battery and you probably haven't but its an idea none the less

0000004ew1.jpg

0000003vv8.jpg

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
^^ I like but my battery is still in stock location. Also have FFIM

Side note there is about 5" from top of intercooler to my hood. Also with a aftermarket coolant tank what/how do you mount the sensor for "low coolant" (bird cage)

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
I zip tied a '76 Datsun charcoal canister to my intercooler but sits on the frame. The canister is from Ron's Z car. :biglaugh:

Duane

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
jt2ma71;943571 said:
Duane, it's vac. canister, and it's '77 :) I have mine under the driver's side headlight. It's a 1qt. jegs brand.

my bad. I am wanting to get rid of that as it's contributing to my car making less power. :sarcasm:

Call me if you got a sec on break.

Duane

91T breezen'

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012
Apr 4, 2005
NOYFB!
^ Ha, Ha Duane...I got ya' beat!:icon_razz 24oz Dr.Pepper bottle, sittin' on the rad support, and zip tied to the MoCal ps cooler!:biglaugh:
Temporary though. I'm gonna' move the battery to the trunk this summer, and go back to the stock overflow tank where it (battery) used to be.

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
91T breezen';943604 said:
^ Ha, Ha Duane...I got ya' beat!:icon_razz 24oz Dr.Pepper bottle, sittin' on the rad support, and zip tied to the MoCal ps cooler!:biglaugh:
Temporary though. I'm gonna' move the battery to the trunk this summer, and go back to the stock overflow tank where it (battery) used to be.

LOL Tom. I too will eventually, sometime in my life try and buy something that would work if it fits in the location I want but they might not have it so I'll have to see what happens and if I get the time to do it because I'm busy right now.

But seriously :biglaugh: LOL

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
I like the idea of using a differnt coolant tank from a Camry or other Toyota. I would like to keep a OEM look, and also might be able to use the low coolant sensor. Any one have a older toyota that could post a pic of the size of the coolant tank?
Here is a couple of pic. The top of the intercooler is level with the top of the bumper. (hard to get a pic. of that)
p944649_1.jpg

Bumper not cut out yet for turbo A duct. Still wating for it in the mail :(so i know where to cut
p944649_2.jpg

Here is the brackets i fabed up.
p944649_3.jpg