KY meet dyno

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
yeah it was armyastro. he lives down towards ft knox. he had converted it to 5sp and working on his supra project. he decided to sell the supra and use that money to further his lex. that was last summer, dont know what he is up to these days.

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
i have not heard from these people. if your name is here, please let me know if you want to dyno or not. even if its a maybe, that would be helpful to know. thanks!

88ttargajason
Clueless
Ofnarcr4
Rumptis
SteveJ
Supramk3man
Toostand
Trydrew
Zurud

Element256

Bickaty Bam !!
Jul 17, 2007
SoCal
Element256's brother (unless you don't want an NSX there) He'll put down less #'s than you all so you can say you're faster ;)

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
dbsupra90 said:
i have not heard from these people. if your name is here, please let me know if you want to dyno or not. even if its a maybe, that would be helpful to know. thanks!

88ttargajason
Clueless
Ofnarcr4
Rumptis
SteveJ
Supramk3man
Toostand
Trydrew
Zurud

Clueless won't be dynoing (unless he pulls something out of his @$$) :biglaugh:
Rumptis might dyno.

Don't know about the others...

zurud

Apr 10, 2005
Evansville, IN
I maybe dynoing. I really don't know yet. I just installed my lexus afm/550. When I crank my boost to 17psi my afr is 12.2. I don't know is it safe or not. I am used to see afr at 10 on 13 psi. I am installing my walbro this week hoping to lower my afr a little bit. I hope I don't blow up my car, it'll be expensive tow bill.

supraguru05

Offical SM Expert: Suspension & Vehicle Dynamic
SM Expert
Dec 16, 2005
louisville ky
ill definitly be dynoing now

ill show you all how terrible the NA cams are above 5000 rpms

its like hiting a brick wall

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
zurud said:
I maybe dynoing. I really don't know yet. I just installed my lexus afm/550. When I crank my boost to 17psi my afr is 12.2. I don't know is it safe or not. I am used to see afr at 10 on 13 psi. I am installing my walbro this week hoping to lower my afr a little bit. I hope I don't blow up my car, it'll be expensive tow bill.

12.2 is ok. i prefer 11.8 range, but under 12.5 you are ok.

id suspect your fuel pump isnt keeping up. 17psi and 550's should be more than enough fuel for the turbo you are running.

you may also for the time being take the lex afm back off. drill out the little plug over the factory screw. then screw in the adjusting screw all the way in. that will block some of the unmetered air and should run a little richer. the only downside is if too much is blocked off you may hit fuel cut. if so, back it out some. but your best bet is to go ahead and get the walbro in if you can.

lastly, id check the vac line going to the fuel regulator. make sure it doesnt have any cracks.

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
st2b said:
Any updates on dyno times yet DB?

looking at approx 11am-noon. we may move it to 10-11am if there are more than 10 people.

since we are for sure going to have 5+, there will be 2 guys working the dyno. that means approx 2-3 cars an hour. say we have 10 cars, it will be approx 3-5hrs at the dyno.

ive heard from almost everyone now, so should have a solid start time next week. but if someone decides to dyno, i want to have enough time to get them in as well.

supraguru05

SM Expert
Dec 16, 2005
louisville ky
im thinking im going to have to back out of the dyno the engine just took a dump at autocross this weekend it blew a radiator hose and power steering hose and has huge oil leaks at the hoses for my cooler

its going to be tough to get all this fixed in time so list me as a possible to not likely

im really dissappointed

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
oh c'mon kyle. its just a few hoses. you have 18 days!

excuses are the shackles of the uncommitted

sorry to hear about your problems tho. good luck getting it fixed. btw, if it was the lower hose, use one from a 5m. its shorter and more of a direct shot. none of the loopy loops like the 7m. to make it fit all you have to do is trim just a tad off the water housing side. after that, its a direct fit.

supraguru05

SM Expert
Dec 16, 2005
louisville ky
i forgot to mention that i fried the clutches in the diff as well. the turbo car will most likely be present but it is leaking so bad that ill have to have cardboard under it at all times when parked. the oil leaks are pretty bad i dont want to cover his dyno in oil

Last edited:

88ttargajason

Jul 19, 2007
Southern Indiana
www.myspace.com
Put me down for the dyno also. Don't have much done but would like to ge some base numbers. I will be coming down from southern IN, near the french lick paoli area(live in Loogootee) if anyone wants to hook up for a very spirited drive down 150 to louisville. Would love to see some nice weather cause I would ride the bike(07 Honda CBR1000RR Repsol) and let my buddy drive the supe. Hey guys how hard is it to swap out the whole rear diff? I have a 430 limited that i would like to get in before the meet. cell-812-296-7284