p1564188_2.jpg

p1564188_3.jpg

p1564188_4.jpg

p1564188_5.jpg

p1564188_6.jpg

garebear1319

Jul 7, 2009
MA
So u decided to use the 3000 Valve covers instead of the other ones u painted that in saw at ur house the other day ^_^ good choice tho the other painted ones looked perfect and clean these look wicked awesome and i know how much work u put into them and they look great dood kudos haha Call me tonight i wanna chill or MW2 it

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
so today i put the pistons in, ordered rod bearings and rear timing cover gaskets from toyota. finished bead blasting the rear timing cover and oil pan (3 hours just for that), painted the oil pan silver, cleaned the tranny up some more.
started putting all the stuff back on the block as well.
ordered a new gauge to replace those crappy chinese ones i have now.
D1-OPM-WTF-RB-sm.jpg

oil pressure and water temp in one. :)

ordering a new gates timing belt tomorrow after i get paid.
more pics to come tomorrow.

garebear1319

Jul 7, 2009
MA
WOOOTTTT i cant wait to go for a ride in this thing when its done lol ^_^ im putting my motor in this weekend too only difference is u can drive and i cannot lol. HIT ME UP THIS WEEKEND IF U NEED HELP NUKKA

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
Update!
Timing bet and gauge came in. I'm puttin the gauge in the factory cluster along with a matching egt gauge. Also mounting my turbo timer in the factory clock location.
Ordered some new rear subframe bushings from RonnieK. Just need some new endlinks and to sandblast and weld up my spare subframe cuz the one I pulled from my car had a 1/4"x8" crack in it, then I can put the rear end back together with a working LSD from a pre89 turbo.
Got the engine pulled a few days ago and got the stuff I'll need off of it. As I'm removing the trans I find a nice suprise.... A broken strap on my pressure plate. It's a southbend OFE with less than 10k miles on it and less than 400whp. So I need to use my old pressure plate until I can't find out if SB can do anything for me.
Had to order a couple more misc parts from Toyota so I'm shooting for a completion date of July 1st.

I can't wait, it's gonna feel like a whole new car!

On a side note, I found one some h&r springs on one of my other supras, contemplating swapping them in place of my eibachs but not sure how my kyb gr2s will hold up. Any suggestions?

Like always feedback welcome comments wanted. Thanks for looking!

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
Hey nice looking car. I live in brockton, right on the Easton line. My cars been sitting for over a year, hopefully I see you around and it gives me some motivation to finish mine haha.

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
Damn how long it been off the road for? What's wrong wit it?
I'll give ya a hand if u need one, I'm 2 mins from Brockton in Easton lol.

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
It's got the stock CT in it and it smokes too much to drive. The engine's rebuilt about 6-7k ago, just ran out of time and money to finish it. It's a bit of a rust bucket but I just need a wastegate, oil lines, and some small things to get it on the road again with the GT4088 and Maftpro. We should meet up sometime, your car looks really clean, hopefully seeing another supra will give me the ambition to work on mine haha.

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
Masssupra89 I'll shoot u a pm when I finish it if u wanna meet up n go for a ride.

aznboik1mva: yea I did it all myself, cost about $650 total for paint and supplies. But I did put over 30hrs into the prep work.
Used sherwin Williams auto paint.

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
Oohh you were there, any chance u got a vid of my car on the dyno?

Thanks again for the comments guys! It's good to get positive feedback after I've put so much work into the car.

aznboik1mva

Aug 20, 2009
Manchester,Ct
id have to check but i dont think so, i remember my buddy was recording i can ask him, i moved the front cuz i couldnt get a good view and was getting engulfed in the fumes from behind your car lol

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
Haha ya my valve seals were gone n the dyno operator didn't listen to me and had it in gear the whole time the rollers were slowing down.

Ya I'd Appreciate if u could ask him, i been lookin for a video since.

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
Got a whoooole bunch stuff done lately.
Subframe is sandblasted, welded, and painted. Same as the rear lca and traction arms.
Finished cleaning viton off the mhg and sprayed all 3 layers with permatex copper spray. Head is on the block along with intake and exhaust manis.

Started cleaning my engine bay for paint (gloss black) and I'm going to replace the stock cc, redo all the vac lines, and clean and trim/extend the harness so I can clean the engine bay up more.
Sorry for crappy pics, taken with my Iphone

p1583883_1.jpg

p1583883_2.jpg

p1583883_3.jpg

Tonight I am ordering rear sway bar end links, new motor mounts, and a spacer for my turbo.

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
thanks, wait till you see the new cluster with the new gauges, and the turbo timer will be integrated in the stock clock location using the stock clock buttons.

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
UPDATE:
got the engine pictured above in the car, got about 50 miles out of it before it started knocking....
so over the weekend i swapped the shortblock out for another i got the weekend before. just need to reshim the valves and i should be good to go. it was a machined block so i got to use my MHG, i just hope this one doesnt knock too.... if it does im sooooooo done with 7m's
im totally seriously

on another note my srt-4 should be fixed by this weekend so i may just take a lil break from the supra game...