Knock Sensors???

suprakid93

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Sterling IL
Im throwing the check engine lights in my 7m and i cant figure out what is causing it:: angry :: People were telling me to change my knock sensors but there so god damn exspensive! But i did happen to find 1jzgte knock sensors for pretty cheap but i was unsure if they would work with the 7m. Please help???:1zhelp:

jfreeman

3.0 7MGE
Sep 29, 2010
Saint Louis, MO
Just buy one off here, I'm sure someone will sell one for cheap. I made the mistake of buying one from T and it costed me like $160 lol. Never again.

suprakid93

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Sterling IL
lol ya i didnt wanna order one from toyota but im also having fuel cut at 4 pounds of boost. which it shouldnt do that at that low of a psi. so thats also another reason i was thinking it would be a good idea to replace the knock sensors. and no i havent checked the CEL codes yet.

arknotts

formerly ark86
Jan 9, 2008
Ohio
Check your codes...your symptoms could be caused by many things. A boost leak is the usual cause though.

arknotts

formerly ark86
Jan 9, 2008
Ohio
IndigoMKII;1788113 said:
Knock sensors don't limit how much boost you run, the ecu retards the timing to save on possible engine damage from a code 52. http://www.engineblox.com/?p=65

^^ This is what I've noticed too (assuming you have a code 52 that is...). Though most of the time on these cars it's just the knock sensor wiring that could use a refresh with shielded cable.