Killed 69 chevelle on pinks! (7m)

mandela951

Dec 7, 2006
Perris, CA.
1 word amazing. everybody else took all the other word i had in my mouth. im going to set my tivo to record every pinks episode till i see a mkIII on there.lol. Great job!!.

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
Have to love the turbo power, especially when it's large displacment v/s forced induction smaller motor...

Ultimately, the more powerful car/engine combo wins, and it's nice to see a high HP MK3 put away a "classic" muscle car...

The reaction of the crowd cracks me up.. they are all ready to climax when the Chevelle jumps off the line, then have a limp moment when the Supra wins past half track... Typical domestic reaction.

Problem is, there are so many V8 guys out there that will claim "Ricer flyby" when your car makes more power, and passes them when your NOT at the track, and have a finish line.. :)

Nice win. I say sell the Chevelle! And post some pics of your Supra man. :)

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
The way I see it...........

Hell Yeah! Way to represent!

BUT........Please stop posting this event that interests so many people, and disapearing to not answer any questions. It is true that the same questions keep being asked, but maybe they wouldn't if you would answer them every now and then. Yes, the beer can question was answered in the other thread, but you yourself saw the need for a new thread so that more could see it. Some people did not see that thread. my.02 /rant!

suprabad

Coitus Non Circum
Jul 12, 2005
Down Like A Clown Charley Brown
Adjuster said:
Ultimately, the more powerful car/engine combo wins

To be fair, there is also suspension, correct gearing, right rubber, making sure your spotter lines you up right (in the fat rubber), driver cuts tree, shifts on time, etc, oh yeah, and the most desirable factor...luck!

Adjuster said:
The reaction of the crowd cracks me up.. they are all ready to climax when the Chevelle jumps off the line, then have a limp moment when the Supra wins past half track... Typical domestic reaction.

It's so true.
I can tell you first-hand from my experiences at local tracks in Socal (where you'd think they'd have a clue), I have beaten plenty of guys (usually have mullets) who thought they were gonna wax me. And to make it worse, I'll get challenged by their buddy (also usually w/ mullet) who knows I ran faster then his small-block ________ (fill in blank space w/ any GM body style) 'cause he just can't see how he could possibly get spanked by "jap crap". What a f*ckin' joke!

Adjuster said:
Problem is, there are so many V8 guys out there that will claim "Ricer flyby" when your car makes more power, and passes them when your NOT at the track, and have a finish line.. :)

I agree, but I think they're starting to get hip to reality. Which kinda sucks.

I'm not seeing as many of the worlds most sought after human-being (a fish) as I did even 2 years ago. FWIW, it looks like the word is getting out.:icon_frow

supraman7mgte

Shut up,bitch!!
Apr 1, 2005
Sunny California
First import to beat a domestic? Your a trailblazer!
Fixing up a dom is easy,you can get parts for them at your local 7-11,but taking a import like the Supra and kicking ass? Totally awesome.
You need a cape billowing behind you or something!!

crazysupra2JZ

Nov 16, 2006
Georgia
awesome man... you know alan bardsley right? he told me as soon as you won. nice that we got a couple vids online now. i still have a vid of you on a dyno that he gave to me. i guess it's quite old

7thousandpiecesMGTE

Boostin USA
Apr 9, 2007
Harford County, Maryland
Any one know his setup (roughly)? Please be a 7m motor..... If so I'm sending the clip to my dad and shut his ass up about my infatuation with my supra (he calls it a Toyo-yokoshima shitsu...... and follows with why cant you just get some old American steel !!!!???)

87soup

F*CK SMOG CHECKS!!!
Jan 23, 2006
Sacramento
You are my hero!!!! I have goosebumps just after watchin it!!!

You urned that car!!!

Dont ever put the supra on the line again!!!

7thousandpiecesMGTE

Boostin USA
Apr 9, 2007
Harford County, Maryland
suprabad;877330 said:
Your dad's pretty funny.
I know it's hard to appreciate it now, but that's hysterical.

:rofl:

Yeah he's an f-ing riot..... :3d_frown:

I know he's just messing with me, he actually rebuilt the block and head for me so maybe deep down he's just jealous... nah probably not.

still would love to send him the clip if it is indeed a 7m. (Dont get me wrong the Chevelle is my favorite Muscle car, so im not bashing it.)

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
besttrans;245310 said:
7M BLOCK, JE PISTONS .20 OVER, CROWER RODS, DPR HEAD, STOCK JZ VALVES, CHEVY 350 TRANS (WE ARE PUTTING A BRAKE IN IT THIS WEEK TO HIT THE 9'S), MUSTANG THROTTLE BODY, ALL GM SENSORS, DFI CALMAP FROM 1985, AIR TO WATER, A SMALL SUPER 70 TURBO, STOCK REAR.

The bouncing tire was a bad strut, all fixed now. thats why we only made 3 pulls - it only made 629 to the tire but at 15 degrees of timing.

And a check of post #1 of this thread shows an air date of February/March