kill switch help

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
IJ.;1747823 said:
You do realise this is a public forum and you're discussing a possible "hidden switch" right out in the open for all to see? :nono:

Well, he seems to have it in mind that if he gets us to post enough options it'd take hours for us to figure out which one(s) he actually employed in the car. :naughty: It's brilliant really. :thumbup:

laotionracer101

Jan 8, 2010
Arkansas
hmm see this is why I come to supramania before sf, this guy right here would have been so flamed, a forensic investigator would not have been able to tell what the remains belonged too. But here in this gold O'le friendly community people are patient and help out. I <3 you guys ;D

To OP- From reading your engine swap thread, I can see that you might not be able to do this all by yourself. Do you have someone that can help you with wiring? If you do, I suggest asking them for help and and guidance. Discuss your ideas, and make one hell of a kill switch!

elisamuel467

Jun 21, 2011
MILWAUKEE
no ones helping me.im doing most of this work all by myself.the help i get is for something big like moving the engine jack and trans and stuff like that.but i got my switch and stuff all figured out,and yea i love supramania.everyone here are nice and help eachother out

elisamuel467

Jun 21, 2011
MILWAUKEE
Not trying to sound stupid but were is the neautral saftey switch,?my car was auto and now stick.but were is the cables and what color are they?it is not hooked up to my clutch pedal.

CRE

Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
AJ'S 88NA;1748101 said:
http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TEWD/MK3/manual.aspx?S=Main&P=038CRE posted this earlier it looks to have the wire colors. Guess they should be around the clutch pedal.

Yo! Alex! How's things bud? Send me an email sometime, I hope you're well.

Elisamuel467's car is a swap from A/T so his wiring isn't as it should be is what I'm getting from his last post. Look for the wiring under the center concolse for the NSW... Black wire with white stripe and Black with blus stripe... they're most likely spliced together right now, just put what ever kind of switch you want in between them.

elisamuel467

Jun 21, 2011
MILWAUKEE
yea im learning.
but the confusing part is for me is that were the hell is the clutch switch.becuase i was auto at first and changed to stick.but were can i find the neautral saftey plug in my harness?

CRE

Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
IJ.;1748124 said:
Smarter move would be a relay that isolates the ECU totally instead of killing the starter..

I agree, if you want to talk him through it. ;)

I was just trying to go with something that was easy enough for him to find and setup which when his bad wiring job failed while driving down the highway the car wouldn't totally die.

jetjock;1748131 said:
No problem. CRE is an authority on pugs...

They say everyone's got something they're good at.... at least Mom was wrong and I finally did find something. :cry:

elisamuel467;1748135 said:
yea im learning.

We'll see.

elisamuel467;1748135 said:
but the confusing part is for me is that were the hell is the clutch switch.becuase i was auto at first and changed to stick.but were can i find the neautral saftey plug in my harness?

I thought it was part of the shift select assembly but it looks to be mounted to the main body of the transmission... so, prior to the swap it WOULD have run into the transmission tunnel; I presume from the main engine harness.

laotionracer101

Jan 8, 2010
Arkansas
A relay is basically a electromagnetic coil that when activated closes a circuit and lets your (in this case) car start. So adding power to the coil will allow the power to go to your ecu.
22462243P-0.jpg

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Remote switch would be closer, you can use a tiny switch,wires and low current to operate it and depending on the relay used they can switch a HUGE load, your "plan" to intercept the NSS wiring will require a bulky expensive switch to work, using a relay to cut the power to the ECU makes much more sense.

Your way if someone breaks into the car and disables the IGN key lock/hot wires it they can push start it and they're off.

My way if done right it's never ever going to run without finding the switch.