just wondering.. best way to splice a 4 gauge wire?

BoostMonger

PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT
Sep 5, 2011
Shadows of Utah
previous owner had a power wire for a system and i want to use it to power fuel pumps and gauges and accessories and what not. so i wondering whats the best way to splice a big awg wire from under the dash for my methanol controller and the failsafe gauge. :1zhelp:

veedubin

Official SM Decals
BoostMonger;1842966 said:
previous owner had a power wire for a system and i want to use it to power fuel pumps and gauges and accessories and what not. so i wondering whats the best way to splice a big awg wire from under the dash for my methanol controller and the failsafe gauge. :1zhelp:

4ga is overkill to say the least. I'd take that out and run a 10ga from battery + to a relay. Use a switched +to control the relay. Take the 10ga from relay to an aftermarket 6 circuit fuse block. Wire accessories from the fuse block. A lot cleaner and more properly done than tying everything into a single 4ga.

Sent from my LG-P504 using Tapatalk 2

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
veedubin;1842973 said:
4ga is overkill to say the least. I'd take that out and run a 10ga from battery + to a relay. Use a switched +to control the relay. Take the 10ga from relay to an aftermarket 6 circuit fuse block. Wire accessories from the fuse block. A lot cleaner and more properly done than tying everything into a single 4ga.

Sent from my LG-P504 using Tapatalk 2

+1

BoostMonger

PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT
Sep 5, 2011
Shadows of Utah
ya sounds way cleaner. i was just gonna splice under the dash to run 4 gauges and the meth controller and a maybe a launch control later, then in the back will power my meth pump and my 12v replay for my walbro.