just what i needed- another supra!

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
buddy and i have been looking for a hardtop supra to start a project with. solid shells are getting harder and harder to come by these days. we finally found one! it is a very solid car. only issues are the mudflap on the driver side (big surprise), the pass side door trim is missing and the driver side door trim is a little wavy at the front. other than that its in great shape. the kid had bought it off a buddy that ran it low on oil and developed a knock. he bought it from him, then pulled the motor to go about rebuilding it. he soon learned how much time, money and patience this took and quit on the project. the block and crank have already been reworked at the machine shop and came w/ a set of arp studs new in the box. everything else is in the hatch haha. its gonna be a fun project to be able to build something w/ no boundaries.

just wanted to share.

d'oh forgot the pics

project87_2.jpg

project87.jpg

on a side note- if you cut the grass and find a car, you might be a redneck....

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
thanks guys!
yes it is a two tone brown/gray color. in one light it looks brown and in another it looks more gray. it is a factory color altho not many around.

sean- lol. i think even your car will be done before this one.

Zach

ECUMaster USA
Apr 6, 2005
TX
Chris Hamilton has the two-tone brown patented, you're going to have to buy another car :)

Looks nice!

Shytheed Dumas

For Sale
Mar 6, 2006
Louisville, KY
Very nice Dave. Was that the car I saw last week in the bargainmart over in Jeffersonville for $1K obo? I thought about taking a look at it myself, but there's no way I need another one until I get mine 'just right'.

Have fun with it!

EdgeSupra

Feb 19, 2006
New Jersey
thats so awesome man...looks real clean. i love the two-tone also.
how much did you get it for, if you dont mind my asking?
thats how i got my car, 800 bucks for a near rust free white package with spun bearnings.

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
thanks guys! its nice to see people that can appreciate all our efforts of finding just the right car.
dumas formerly known as louky- no we picked up this car outside of e-town so i doubt its the same car.
edge- it was ours for $700 and some assy required haha.

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
dbsupra90 said:
thanks guys! its nice to see people that can appreciate all our efforts of finding just the right car.
dumas formerly known as louky- no we picked up this car outside of e-town so i doubt its the same car.
edge- it was ours for $700 and some assy required haha.

You're F*cking crapping me? I live not too far away from e-town...DAMN I wish I woulda known that supra was there, it WOULD be mine :evil2: .