Just took my first Krav Maga class yesterday!

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Looks like it would be a fun class to take. I like pretty much any form of wrestling and fighting. I need to find me a class of some sort and take it. Good luck with your black belt.

CTsupra

Supramania Contributor
romaniello;1042047 said:
Nice, a form of self defense based on a kick in the nuts.
I like this better than Aikido.

suprahero;1042122 said:
Looks like it would be a fun class to take. I like pretty much any form of wrestling and fighting. I need to find me a class of some sort and take it. Good luck with your black belt.

Haha, yeah there is quite a bit of nut kicking. Krav Maga is not a traditional martial art. There are no katas, and no competition fighting. It is meant as a hurt you bad self defense system. I won't be taught anything in the the video you just seen until I reach green belt.

Jay, It is a fun class! I would try to find a Krav Maga place near you. It is very physical and you'll get a good workout. I've taken karate and tae kwon do when I was younger and just after one class I can see why there is no competition fighting in krav maga. You and V will love it.

Jaguar_5

It's ALIVE!
Feb 7, 2006
Seattle
That is so badass, did you see that fighting show where they went to Israel to do this?

That show is pretty nuts :) Wish I could remember what it was called! Was it Last Man Standing or something?

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
Looks crazy, but IDK if I would enjoy taking it. I already have by black belt in tang soo do, and I think I am going to take jiu jitsu next.

Isphius

Supra-less :(
May 30, 2006
long branch
Im going to start taking muay thai and brazillian jiu jitsu in order to get into some amateur MMA. Ive been on a super strict diet and training very hard at my gym on endurance and trying to lose some weight. Im trying to get down to 180 or 185 for middleweight(long way to go!) ] And I agree human weapon was an awesome show. I think it has a newer counterpart with a different name. That krav maga looks like some awesome stuff to learn for self defense out in the real world