Just thought i would get some Input for someone

spoolme

supra4umsfreak
May 9, 2005
Roswell, NM
Ok, a guy contacts me on myspace and tells me he likes my car that hes gonna get on in the next couple of days. hes 18.
well i tell him if its NA its a waste of time and he will regret it later..
well then he tells me this...The SHOCKER and i tell him ITS NOT WORTH IT!

-srry to say it but its a nonturbo:( and im getting it 4 like 6g's perfect condition no rust 1 owner and its got 114,000miles on it only an color looks just like urs! :)

Hes in the
Menasha, Wisconsin Area.

now i told him that its a waste of money and they its a lot of money to spend on this old of car and especially if its NA.:nono:
Does anyone know of a Supra in that Area for sale because i would hate for this guy to waste his money on an NA.

and i gave him the links to supramania and supraforums for info.

Ok, so bash me cuz im bashing an NA and the price hes gonna get it for.. (like its a good deal):aigo: :nono:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Six grand for an NA is way too much. I don't care how perfect he thinks it is, but some people are just hard headed.

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
If its as good as he says it might not be THAT bad of a deal.

I won't bash you for not liking NA's... I will however for having a myspace. ;)

spoolme

supra4umsfreak
May 9, 2005
Roswell, NM
i care cuz, i dunno why, actually i shouldnt give a fuck but damn..thats a lot of money for an old ass car with that many miles and not as fast as he might think it is.
and i dont care if i have a myspace. Im a Myspace WHORE!! hell ya!

suprageezer

Aug 27, 2005
Southern California
Here in CA I looked at traderpubs.com which is worldwide and saw very few MkIII's for sale in all of CA. The ones that were for sale were from 4k and up to 10k, so it seems the market on our old rides might be starting to take off finally. So remember those N/A's might be worth 50k someday when most of the Supras ever made are dead and buried in junkyards. A car is always worth whatever the buyer is willing to pay. Who the freak would pay 3mil for a goofy 65 Shelby Cobra that don't handle well, stops like crap, and cooks your legs when driving it, BUT people do.

JesseH

Nov 12, 2005
Englewood, Ohio, United States
actually, if someone likes a specific car regaurdless of make model etc. and they are really determined to get that certian one there would be no changing their mind their going to do what they want to do

spoolme

supra4umsfreak
May 9, 2005
Roswell, NM
Well for a young person that doesnt know what is out there for the price and what these normally go for 6g's can get you one hell of a supra.

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
spoolme said:
i care cuz, i dunno why, actually i shouldnt give a fuck but damn..thats a lot of money for an old ass car with that many miles and not as fast as he might think it is.
and i dont care if i have a myspace. Im a Myspace WHORE!! hell ya!

So let me ask you, good sir. :)

If someone approaches you with a 1967 (OLD) Toyota 2000GT (Naturally Aspirated) for $6,000...

You would pass this up? :icon_conf

Just an example.

MA70Supra88

Boostless
Mar 31, 2005
Boerne, TX
I spent $5800 on my NA and I don't regret it at all. I don't think there is anything wrong with paying more an exceptionally nice car, N/A or not.

spoolme

supra4umsfreak
May 9, 2005
Roswell, NM
and of course anyone who spent that much money on this car at this time after the car is old is gonna be to proud to admit they spent to much.
keep telling yourself you got a good deal....lol

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Price, value and craftsmanship is in the eyes of the beholder.

Just because a Supra doesn't have a turbo doesn't mean it's a bad buy.

Not EVERYONE is out there to race. The A70 has unique body lines and stylish features that would get anyone excited to just drive/own the car...

A turbo is not a necessity...............for someone who doesn't want to go super fast.

-Jeff

MA70Supra88

Boostless
Mar 31, 2005
Boerne, TX
Never said I didn't overpay, but my car has given me very little trouble in 6 years and over 50k miles, which is a lot more than 90% of the people on this message board can say. I'm happy with it.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Boost Lee said:

Not EVERYONE is out there to race. The A70 has unique body lines and stylish features that would get anyone excited to just drive/own the car...

A turbo is not a necessity...............for someone who doesn't want to go super fast.

-Jeff
Very well put Jeff!

You may also be killing a sale for one of your fellow SM members, who has not spoken up yet.

spoolme

supra4umsfreak
May 9, 2005
Roswell, NM
Ok, let put it this way.
Knowing what you do now and how cheap you CAN get these cars..would you honestly pay that much for an NA 87 supra with over 100k miles?
Or would you be like, thats to much, im gonna keep looking for something i Want instead of settling for the first thing i see.
Cuz he did tell me he wants a turbo and is going to attempt to turbo it if he buys it.

JesseH

Nov 12, 2005
Englewood, Ohio, United States
spoolme said:
Ok, let put it this way.
Knowing what you do now and how cheap you CAN get these cars..would you honestly pay that much for an NA 87 supra with over 100k miles?
Or would you be like, thats to much, im gonna keep looking for something i Want instead of settling for the first thing i see.
Cuz he did tell me he wants a turbo and is going to attempt to turbo it if he buys it.
maybe that is the one he wants and has been searching for....just as jeffs post before:
Boost Lee said:

-Jeff