Just these cars.

JStoked

Jun 27, 2010
Edmond, Oklahoma, United States
Ok so this is my second mkiii. I have 3 of these sweet rides that I am working on. Why is it when you post something people call your project a pos I thought I was doing this for the love of these cars. I love and respect the mkiii and I am so appreciate every ones help it great to have all the shared info. I just those of you that had a chance to buy one new would get off my butt for trying to save these rare cars.

Mkiii supra

Apr 16, 2010
Salem Oregon
You really have to own a MK3 to truly love them. and those who never have owned one jump on the "hate mk3" band wagon. dont take it personally, I saved mine from the junk yard 3-4 years back and have it running and looking better than when it was new, none of my family or friends understand, just keep doing what you do!

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Shit. Wish i was that old to buy one new.

My first car was a 88n/a pos. Made sure the second one wasnt. Just need a few gs to make her proper now. These cars were expensive new and they still are today.(the price isnt but everything else is).

Just dont jump on the first one you see or the one that has the most mods. There are a lot out there that are great condition and stock and unmolested. Keep them clean and mod them GOOD and thell treat you back. There is a lot of karma in these cars for some reason.

JStoked

Jun 27, 2010
Call what ever you want buddy!!

---------- Post added at 05:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 AM ----------

Also these are slim pickings in my part. Heck it's hard to find one with just a motor in it in the Midwest area. And yes so I have got to fix alot of things o well at the end of the day I can stand back with my daughter and say look what we have done. Then go out and smoke a Honda haha!!!

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Thick skin required for use of internet. Who cares what others say? It's just an opinion dude, don't get all bent out of shape. If you keep the car, restore it properly.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
JJ will jump on your ass, but it's usually out of love. No homo, but it's for your own good usually. Ask me how I know haha. ;)

JStoked

Jun 27, 2010
Haha ya I'm sure it is. His knowledge of these car has got to be great since he has owned one since new. And this is just a project car something to come home and tinker with to get a way from the wife haha.

Chaingun

Nov 4, 2010
Mooreland OK
In the next year or so there may be another running Supra in Oklahoma Jstoked, I'm thking of moving back for the year round driving weather alone :) in any case, i bought my Supra from the scrap yard, and aside from a missing emblem, and one spot of rust some people call it a POS, other times i watch other people oogilng it when i come out of store, though i did almost have to kick a guy in the balls for calling it a Probe. So far the community here has been great to me though a little tough love may help us pick the right path for our project cars

may be a noob question too, but what is a super monitor?

supranz

May 23, 2010
Christchurch
I think that's just the way it is with these cars, over here in New Zealand people don't know what it is so when I'm out cruising or whatever, people in Hondas and Nissans etc. call it a pos and try to boost it off.(Obviously there are others who love it but unfortunately a minority.) Best way is to make them eat their words by blowing past them and giving them a good look at the Supra writing on the rear trim. Worst one I had was a guy who worked in the McDonalds drive thru who said it was nice and proceeded to ask me if it was a 180sx or 200sx, to which I replied its a Supra, and just before driving off said F**k Nissan, Toyota ftw.

JStoked

Jun 27, 2010
Chaingun;1649635 said:
In the next year or so there may be another running Supra in Oklahoma Jstoked, I'm thking of moving back for the year round driving weather alone :) in any case, i bought my Supra from the scrap yard, and aside from a missing emblem, and one spot of rust some people call it a POS, other times i watch other people oogilng it when i come out of store, though i did almost have to kick a guy in the balls for calling it a Probe. So far the community here has been great to me though a little tough love may help us pick the right path for our project cars

That would be awsome!!! And a super monitor is just a trip counter/ let's you know way kinda gas milage yor getting.

---------- Post added at 06:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 AM ----------

And ya man mine gets called a 240 all the time. Then mostly by Honda freaks that's when you just smoke there asses and leave them scratching there heads and say Toyota bitch lol.

leftynridge

Aug 30, 2009
dayton, ohio
Chaingun;1649635 said:

Thats funny you mention that someone called your Supra a Probe. I have a friend of mine that has a 300ZX TT and he will bust my balls every time he sees me and calls my car a Probe or The Poopra. Granted he has 20K invested into that car so I really can't say much yet.... But come this summer I 'm going to hand him one hell of an ass whippin.

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
Well, jj is right, that most recent car you bought is a POS and one of the more blatant ones at that. Adding to that is the fact that you seem unaware of what a heap of junk it is and how much you overpaid for it is what brings on his comments. These threads talking about 500HP and now this are only further confirming his lack of confidence in you and the car. (Not speaking on his behalf, just my interpretation)

You don't need to own a car for 20 years to see a POS when its screaming it in your face.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
JStoked;1649634 said:
Also the car has a working super monitor. That's a plus I would like to think.

not if you've changed the injectors to a larger size, if so the only thing that'll still be accurate is the code checker and the stop watch..