Just Picked Up 2 Supras

Mk3*Supra

Jun 14, 2010
Ohio
Hello everyone! First my name is Sarah, in college for mechanical engineering.. blah blah

My DD is a 1993 del sol si, bf's DD is a 2004 350z

was looking for a project car for a while and finally fell in love with mkiii's.. happened to find two for sale for $1600

We picked them up saturday.. we now have a 1987 and a 1992 along with two extra 7m motors and all kinds of extra parts

the '87 already has a new head gasket, runs great, no smoke, automatic 7mge.. it shall be my boyfriends project. It does need new brakes and the steering is a little worn out on it so that will slowly start getting replaced/upgraded.

here is the '87:
p1582870_1.jpg

p1582870_2.jpg

p1582870_3.jpg

p1582870_4.jpg

LSD check:
p1582870_5.jpg

^failed as you can see

the '92 on the other hand has a little longer story and shall be my project car. It was originally a automatic 7mge (sunroof not targa), the guy (not who we are buying it from) cranked it up after it'd been sitting for about a year and the motor now has no compression in 2 cylinders.. the guy we are buying the car from put a 7mgte in it but took off the turbo and turbo accessories but the motor has a knock at higher rpms.. and when we got it home realized it leaks oil from the tailpipe (not smoking.. leaking).. couldnt do a lsd check the fun way cause it wont even turn the tires over

For now we are going to put new rings in the 7mge, re gasket everything and put that back in so the car is drivable and we can tell if anything else is wrong with it before we start messing with it too much.. MIGHT end up putting new bearings in the 7mgte and put it back in but idk yet.

the '92:

p1582870_6.jpg

p1582870_7.jpg

p1582870_8.jpg

p1582870_9.jpg

and both of them coming home:
p1582870_10.jpg

Future plans include 1jz's (I have researched and know how to use the search button and I like the 1jz vs 2jz and 7m), I kind of want to keep the twin set up, bf is probably going single.. etc etc more on that later

the 1992 does have TEMS.. I'm slightly debating on keeping or not.. i like tokicos and understand that there is only the one strurt compatiable with TEMS.. and the car will probably participate in redline time attack which TEMS may prove handy in my class.. but i've been hearing its over rated also

questions, comments?

they do have a few problems and need some advice on those issues (mainly the '92).. but thats another thread :)

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
ForcedTorque;1583446 said:
Please take care of the 92, only 1193 were produced! PM me for entrance into the 92 owners group.

Welcome to the mania!

Yup, we're the elite few..:D

Welcome, I especially love your 92, reminds me of mine, but with a wing.:D

Nghty89

Zombie Chicks Are Hot
Mar 26, 2008
7 Cities, VA
Welcome to the 'mania! 1jz is a good choice, or you could go 1.5jz.... or built 7m... or 2jzge-t.... or 2jzgte.... or...

lol

Good luck deciding. I'm sure you will find all the answers you need. And if not, ASK!

Elite few? Bah... the 2jz mkiii runners are the elite few! BUWAHAHA!!!

SupraSean

SPRASEAN MTHRFKR
Mar 3, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
is the motor thats in the 92 in the picture the same thats in it now? if so thats a ge, which would also explain the knock if he turboed it. unless i misread. Regardless welcome To owning an mk3.. 92'spwnall :)

Mk3*Supra

Jun 14, 2010
Ohio
wow guys! i hadnt a reply so I kinda quit checking the thread

Please take care of the 92, only 1193 were produced! PM me for entrance into the 92 owners group.

That might be why I had so much trouble finding one! I knew they were rare but didnt know how rare

MA71_Static;1583650 said:
Welcome to the forums, I really like that '92

Thank you! I really like it.. needs some TLC but overall i dont think its that bad

Nghty89;1583799 said:
Welcome to the 'mania! 1jz is a good choice, or you could go 1.5jz.... or built 7m... or 2jzge-t.... or 2jzgte.... or...

lol

Good luck deciding. I'm sure you will find all the answers you need. And if not, ASK!

i read up quite a bit about supras before we bought these.. I wanted a project car that not everyone had.. and I think a 1jz will be just fine :) Car will be built for Drift/Road Course so the 1jz should handle it well from what i've been reading.. and also from what i've read the 1jz is a bit more rev happy then the 2jz

SupraMario;1583811 said:
WTF! You got a 1992 for 1600 and an 1987 >< GRRRR!

Sell me the 92 for 1600! LOL

Never going to happen :)

dont forget about the two extra 7ms that came with it :) (one fully together.. the other already in pieces) and the other extra parts

rtrdpenguin;1583861 said:
Wow I wonder what the owner of that 92 did in the passenger seat to make it that torn up hahaha

It'll be nice to see some more local Supras running around :)

the previous owner (the one before the guy we bought them from) always had his dog in the car and it tore up the material.. the foam looks good.. Im debating on getting them recovered and leaving them in until a race comes up (no way am I leaving those HEAVY seats in the car at a race lol) or just getting different seats all together.. im leaning towards keeping the orginals though :)

SupraSean;1583879 said:
is the motor thats in the 92 in the picture the same thats in it now? if so thats a ge, which would also explain the knock if he turboed it. unless i misread. Regardless welcome To owning an mk3.. 92'spwnall :)

it *should be* a gte block (i believe the heads are the same on the ge & gte? correct me if i'm wrong :) ).. the orginal ge is on a stand next to the car with I BELIEVE blown rings (rings and gasket kit already ordered to make car drivable.. other things are coming before the 1jz).. the guy we got them from found a good deal on a gte so he swapped all the na stuff including the dizzy and all that to the gte block.. BAD thing was the gte had already spun a bearing and the guy just put new bearings in without getting the crank turned

No comments on the TEMS system?? Still debating on keeping it

Last edited:

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Mk3*Supra;1584150 said:
Never going to happen :)

dont forget about the two extra 7ms that came with it :) (one fully together.. the other already in pieces) and the other extra parts

You know you wanna, I'll take good care of it....2jzgte and everything. What would your price be? Everyone has a price.

Mk3*Supra

Jun 14, 2010
Ohio
lol i just got it!!! I don't want to get rid of it

It took me months to find one that wasnt modded by a moron or just plain tore up

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Mk3*Supra;1584220 said:
lol i just got it!!! I don't want to get rid of it

It took me months to find one that wasnt modded by a moron or just plain tore up

O come on, LOL, you can keep the engine and transmission, I just want the shell LOL

It could help you fund a 1jz project :p

Mk3*Supra

Jun 14, 2010
Ohio
I kind of need a car to put the 1jz in :)

and i like having stuff that not many people have.. exact reason I got a mkiii vs a 240sx or somthing

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Mk3*Supra;1584232 said:
I kind of need a car to put the 1jz in :)

and i like having stuff that not many people have.. exact reason I got a mkiii vs a 240sx or somthing

The 87? You just gonna use it as a paper weight or something? LOL Tons of people have Mark IIIs, pretty much everyone on this site. LOL

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Mk3*Supra;1584281 said:
the '87 is my boyfriends car.. i cant just take his project car.. that'd be mean

My woman does that...she just claims stuff as hers, you should try it, it works very well for her. So PM me when you take over his 87...

Mk3*Supra

Jun 14, 2010
Ohio
lol sorry i like my '92

I'll get more pics this weekend probably.. hopefully i'll have the rebuild 7mge in it during the 2nd week of july