just joined the 1uz club

4U2QUIK

1UZFE SWAP DUDE!!!
chasis had a dead short somewhere.... it was the last straw, I finally decided the car was cursed. So I sawzalled it into about 20 pieces and put it in the scrap bin at work. didn't hurt that a chasis that was in way better condition practically fell into my lap :)

thedave925;1624104 said:
Did you check the stretch of your rod bolts? The threads need a few installs to ease up for accurate torque value lolz
Read the very last 4 sentences on this page:
http://arp-bolts.com/pages/technical_installation.shtml

I'm just teasin, a bit jealous you don't have to break in your upgraded car actually :D

-Dave

Sure beats a used 7m lol...

thedave925

Since 9/16/05
Nov 9, 2005
East Bay, Cali
you coulda made money on scrap metal, doh!
and props on a good chassis, a good deal is always welcome ;)

as for the 'used 7m', that seems redundant when everything about my 7m is new.
Or is this about a used 7m your getting away from? I feel option 2 is more likely since I'm unclear on your supra history atm.

Is there any chance your going to attend SILV this year?

thedave925

Since 9/16/05
Nov 9, 2005
East Bay, Cali
Sweet deal!
Ironically, I bought a car I knew I had to work on so I would know how to work on cars lol May you receive years of reliability from your 'yota v8 :D

ATM there's no way I'm in circumstances to comfortably say I can go to SILV and enjoy myself for this year's run. But next year I'll go, tired of putting it off. So more power to ya!!

thedave925

Since 9/16/05
Nov 9, 2005
East Bay, Cali
lol sure that'd be cool.
My fronts are tucked in a bit much and I know spacers would do wonders to the appearance....
Yes I'll take you up on the offer when I get the spacers.
New or not, if they need to be chamfered or whatever, I'll bring'em to ya, with some kick back for your time.

I totally wish I could do SILV lol, but theres a Supra I've gotta help transport, gotta follow the $$$

Best of luck with your Supe!

ihiryu

Jul 12, 2008
TX
Hey hey, got a few questions for ya. What brake booster did you end up using? Also did you reuse the bolts for the flexplate your flywheel?

4U2QUIK

1UZFE SWAP DUDE!!!
Absolutely DO NOT REUSE THE OLD BOLTS! use ARP 4AG Bolts instead.
CUSTOM SS EXAUST BY DAFT INNOVATIONS
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

---------- Post added at 05:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:47 PM ----------

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

---------- Post added at 05:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:47 PM ----------

Chambers

Now you know
Sep 9, 2007
Baltimore County, Maryland
Exhaust looks great! What are you planning for thermal protection on the fuel lines and speedo cable?

I got some sleeves from Thermo-Tec at Summit for the fuel lines and speedo cable, A LOT of heat gets pent up there.

Also, I'm curious why you left the factory tranny cross-member behind.

ihiryu

Jul 12, 2008
TX
That's what I kinda figured, I ordered some 7m bolts cause I wasn't sure.

I just ended up putting the Flex plate bolts back in without the extra crank sleeve, and some thread locker.

ihiryu

Jul 12, 2008
TX
mine works, I cranked it today. I'm using a w58 if that matters any. And i'm not running a MR2 flywheel, it's the one superrunner made (i believe)