just had another oh fuck moment

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
so as some of you know I work on buses, my company contracts with amtrak california to transport passengers with a my shop, 2nd shop to the company. well just got a phone call saying fleet number 605 one of mine just went head on with a huge car accident and totalled out with many injured. airlift and all. now I keep my buses as safe as the company money can allow it without me having to red tag it which I've done many times do to them being cheap. but my co worker told me to make sure all paper work is current. kinda hard when the dispatch at my shop sent all paperwork up to the main shop. so thats not gonna fly. chp is coming soon and I don't know what to do. its not my fault and I can't do nothing about it. I been drinking already, stressed from job hunting at dealerships. now I'm drinking more. I think this sucks quite a bit!

HommerSimpson

Dec 31, 2007
New Smyrna Beach Florida
Dude i feel sorry for ya... I work on cars for living my whole life...and i always worry something i did might cause a accedent.. so i try my best to look over my work and make sure there wont be any problems...
Sometimes you can't do anything about it.. shit happens...

I really hope you are ok.. Please dont drink your selt to stupidity... I was a drunk for many many years.. just quit one day...have not regreted it...sept got lot more pussy when i was drunk...thank god i got gf now :}

Hope you can deal with what ever heads your way... My thoughts and prayers with ya man...Let us know how it turns out...

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
I just hate the fact that I can't do shit about it. I make sure I have all my fleet safe as possible. but when crunch time hits I get blamed. I'll red tag a bus quicker than shit, but then the higher ups call it cool and run it anyways..

damn, I think I'm just gonna sit at home and fuck going to the shop. I can't do anything anyways.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
If the paperwork isn't current - or the accident turns out to be due to ignored maintenance, the company will get bent over by the law for it, and rightly so. Asking you to 'fix' the paperwork after the fact is slimy at best and downright illegal at worst.

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
I agree, I keep my shit straight, theres been many fights because I refuse to let something slide. but in this case it was just chance the bus was in wrong place at wrong time.

I inspected it, all components were road worthy. just the shit I get to hear just because it was sitting in my yard and not the main shops. you see I'm the young guy of the place. so that makes me easy target to get shit thrown in my face. hell I would welcome the chp in to inspect my fleet just they made it sound like the whole thing is on my shoulders.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Ok, consider this.

If they are paying you to be a wrench, then that's what they get. Unless they pay you to worry about stuff like this, don't do it. That's why management guys get more money - because they are held responsible for this kind of thing. With responsibility comes more money in the bank.

They can only blame you if you accept responsibility - and we're not talking post accident, either.

The only thing to worry about here is whether you missed something you could have caught. Even that is probably attempting to piss up a rope - it's done, there's no going back to yesterday to change things now, so put it out of your head and wait to see how it turns out.

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
thank you man, kinda tripping right now. the owner called saying everything record wise they have from me is good minus a few not written mileage forms which means nothing. so thats cool. also he said the driver wasn't at fault, a plus. but then he added that someone died during this, not related to us. just how it is and that they might be able to sue the company and me if. highly doubt but damn just hearing this is very scary.

I dislike my job but I know thousands of people are on my equipment each day. I hold that to heart and make sure I do everything I can to keep them safe. just this is what I always feared working this job either dying cause of old lifts falling on me or someone dying regardless of fault involving one of my buses out of my fleet.

Clueless

Banned
Feb 22, 2006
Columbus, Indiana
Seriously, I wouldn't sweat it...like the news says, could be a passing accident between the cars. Keep your head high and stay away from alcohol for a while.

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
well phones ringing crazy, what happend was car cut bus off and hit car already in lane and my driver went to avoid and put it in ditch after being clipped. news is at my shop so I'm avoiding work till things blow over. so much for driving my supra.

I'm trying not to worry but just knowing people are injured and dead involving my equipment just makes me hella sad. damn you know, I really need to find a better job. well I already fucked up on the drinking part. 1/4 gallon of vodka already gone.