Jumpy boost gauge

suprajim

Mar 11, 2008
ga
I have had two '89 Supras and the boost gauge "jumps" when I accelerate rather than increasing smoothly as the turbo spools. Not sure if it is a gauge problem, sending unit or other.

Would appreciate any solution.

Dunckel

Jan 16, 2007
Spokane, WA
Make sure you post in the right section. I moved this thread to the general mkIII section for you, as you will probably get a little more help there, rather than the introduction section.

Edit: Now that I look at it again, maybe I should have moved it to the GTE section.

Fletch124

2jz swapped!
Jul 17, 2005
Reno, Nevada
Im assuming you still have the stock gauges. Dont use those for any reference, they are very innaccurate! In my buddies mk3 the Autometer gauge says 10psi and the stock gauge says 6psi and only starts rising once the turbo is actually at 10psi.

Orion ZyGarian

Jeff Lange wannabe
Apr 2, 2005
Sarasota, FLorida
www.suprastore.com
Fletch124;1037098 said:
Im assuming you still have the stock gauges. Dont use those for any reference, they are very innaccurate! In my buddies mk3 the Autometer gauge says 10psi and the stock gauge says 6psi and only starts rising once the turbo is actually at 10psi.

Similar here. My Autometer says 18psi, but the stock boost gauge doesnt come out of vacuum till like 5-6 psi and is late in pegging the gauge.