John Kerry loves the military.....

bonus12

Backroads Driver
Jul 15, 2006
CA
rakkasan said:
LOL, what bullshit, but go ahead if it helps you vent your frustration & feel better...

wait a second... you actually disagree with me on this one? n the elections of 1824, 1876, 1888, and 2000, the candidate who received the popular vote did not become president. Bush ran in 2000. do you see?

instead of calling my claim bullshit, go ahead and back up yours with a source, please.

bonus12

Backroads Driver
Jul 15, 2006
CA
91T breezen' said:
::hah:: :slap: You really are lost, aren't you!?:icon_conf The electoral college, has elected every single president we've ever had!:stickpoke That is how, your idol, BJ Clinton got elected with only 42% of the popular vote, for his first term!:icon_razz

From Wiki:

There is an anomaly to the electoral college system that can result in a candidate winning the presidency by winning the majority of the electoral vote even if he fails to win the popular vote. Although rare, this controversial outcome has occurred on three occasions in U.S. history.

In 1876, Rutherford B. Hayes won 185 electoral votes to Samuel Tilden's 184, but Tilden won a majority of the popular vote with 4,300,590 cast in his favor versus 4,036,298 cast for Hayes.

In 1888, Benjamin Harrison won 233 electoral votes to Grover Cleveland's 168, with 5,439,853 popular votes for Harrison and 5,540,309 for Cleveland.

In 2000, George W. Bush won 271 electoral votes to Al Gore's 266, with 50,456,062 popular votes for Bush and 50,996,582 votes for Gore.

that is why i said, "thank the electoral college."

the electoral college needs to go. it is outdated.

NO, Clinton did NOT win without popular vote. he won WITH popular vote. :)

ChadMKIII

Yup, Thats The G/F
Jul 14, 2006
Bay Area, Ca
Yes Bonus it does happen, its quite a simple idea, say that a candidate get almost all the popular votes in a state w/ 2 electoral votes, and then that same candidate gets a huge amount of votes but not quite a majority in a state like CA, with tons of votes, if that happens like that in most of the states yeah he could end up with a fraction more popular vote. NBD, the election wasn't "stolen" or any bullshit like that, its just an anomaly that can occur.

I can't even imagine this country with Gore in office when the attacks happened or anything else for that matter...

bonus12

Backroads Driver
Jul 15, 2006
CA
ChadMKIII said:
Yes Bonus it does happen, its quite a simple idea, say that a candidate get almost all the popular votes in a state w/ 2 electoral votes, and then that same candidate gets a huge amount of votes but not quite a majority in a state like CA, with tons of votes, if that happens like that in most of the states yeah he could end up with a fraction more popular vote.

why are you telling me this? read my posts.

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
ChadMKIII said:
Yes Bonus it does happen, its quite a simple idea, say that a candidate get almost all the popular votes in a state w/ 2 electoral votes, and then that same candidate gets a huge amount of votes but not quite a majority in a state like CA, with tons of votes, if that happens like that in most of the states yeah he could end up with a fraction more popular vote. NBD, the election wasn't "stolen" or any bullshit like that, its just an anomaly that can occur.

I can't even imagine this country with Gore in office when the attacks happened or anything else for that matter...
QFT. That's why I disagree with you...

bonus12

Backroads Driver
Jul 15, 2006
CA
ChadMKIII said:
Bonus, just cuz you were acting like it was something bad. Its not. Just how things work.

i think it is bad, no matter who it happens to. the people should have the power, and the system is outdated. it would get changed, but amending the constitution is a difficult process. lots of people think it should be changed not just me or democrats.

EDIT: it is impossible to have total democracy with it. our troops in Iraq fight for democracy, so we should have complete democracy.

ChadMKIII

Yup, Thats The G/F
Jul 14, 2006
Bay Area, Ca
If it ain't broke don't fix it.......

The system was designed with that possibility. I don't see any need at all to change it. W/e tho.

Aaron J Williams

Make It So!!!
Jul 23, 2006
Luck, Wisconsin
bonus12 said:
the electoral college needs to go. it is outdated.

NO, Clinton did NOT win without popular vote. he won without a MAJORITY of votes . :)

Yes, lets scrap the electoral college! Then the states with the largest populations will be free to run rough-shod over the states with small populations. To hell with equal representation under the law. In fact, lets do away with voting all together. It's a hassle having to be informed about how out country works and what the politicians agendas are, and all those political ads - Yuck! They distract me from Oprah and CNN. Lets just have the leader of the military run the country until he dies, or let those who have the best intentions form a Politburo and they can rule us as benevolent dictators. We could change our motto from "In God We Trust" to "From each according to his ability to each according to his need"

I think you're onto something here bonus, maybe you should become a politician.

:1zhelp:

SupraDerk

The Backseat Flyer
Sep 17, 2005
Tallahassee
Nick M said:
Democracy=bad. Mob rule=bad, don't belive it? Ask a minority someplace about majority rule.

:word8kn: I'll keep my republic thank you

bonus12 said:
EDIT: it is impossible to have total democracy with it. our troops in Iraq fight for democracy, so we should have complete democracy.

Fuck that. If we EVER become a complete democracy you can kiss your freedom goodbye

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
I'm sure that Heinz, the guy that Kerry's wife was married to, and who made the Heinz empire what it is today rolls in his grave every time that bitch of a wife of his spends his billions on that dumbass second husband of hers. (Or every time she opens her mouth and attempts to say something intellegent.)

If you did not know it, Heinz was a very conservative guy. Too bad he ended up leaving his wealth to some liberal bitch and her court jester/fool.

Actually I feel sorry for Kerry. I'm sure there are a few ex-military people on his security detail.

I can see the report now.
"We were busy studying for our GED's when John K. was shot by that Islamic Jihadist...." Too bad for him we did not apply ourselves and ended up in the military... Ooops.

Seriously though, I'd be pissing in his coffee every day of my life.

outofstep

Mar 31, 2005
fwb
I feel sorry for the people in this thread that don't even understand the electoral college. I mean jesus fuck, they musta been huffin glue all sophmore year of high school.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
outofstep said:
I feel sorry for the people in this thread that don't even understand the electoral college. I mean jesus fuck, they musta been huffin glue all sophmore year of high school.

They don't TEACH anything in the schools anymore. It's all political indoctrination and brainwashing. Forget facts, forget the law, forget the Constitution, we don't deal with those anymore...

It's sad to watch the kindling catch under Rome and not to not be able to do anything to stop it.