JJB's 2JZ MK3

Apr 22, 2009
Steinbach, Manitoba, Canada
Hey guys, i'm JJB from Steinbach Manitoba Canada. This is my mk3 that i have not driven in 3 years!
p2006123_1.jpg

p2006123_2.jpg

I completely melted down my fully built 7m 3 years ago and its just been sitting since then. I pulled the motor last summer and took it to a machine shop and found out the pistons were melted and block was out of round.
p2006123_3.jpg

Since the motor was already 0.040" over it was garbage. I always wanted a 2jz so what better time to do the swap then now? I've been saving money and trying to locate a 2jz for a while now. They are hard to come by around here, Winnipeg MB Canada. Finally i found my motor, it came in an odd package...
p2006123_4.jpg

Yep your right, that's a mazda mx6 with a 2jz! The previous owner swapped in the motor and converted it to rwd using an mk3 irs. He never finished it and had it sitting for years. It came with lots of good parts and the price was right so i picked it up. its a rear sump 2jzge n/a-t with all the good stuff. 1jz flywheel and bellhousing, R154, Garrett Gt42 turbo, FFIM, full -10an fuel setup, 1000cc injectors, arp headstuds and TT HG, aeromotive a1000 pump and regulator, Aem ems, intercooler, bov, HKS 60mm wg. Zex nitrous kit. All kinds of stuff.
p2006123_5.jpg

Quickly stripped everything out of the car
p2006123_6.jpg

Pulled the motor and put it on the stand.
p2006123_7.jpg

Since the quality of work on the whole car was pretty poor, i thought it would be a good idea to check over everything! Pulled out the cams and checked the head torque. It was very clean. Everything greased. ARP studs, all tight.
p2006123_8.jpg

Pulled the pan of to check the main and rod bearings and torqued everything to spec. Everything looked good.
p2006123_9.jpg

Time to order a bunch of parts and get this swap going!!! I have pretty much everything figured out, but I do have a couple questions. What throttle cable can i use? Would the Camry cable reach or should i get a lokar cable? Where is the best place to run the turbo oil feed from? Is a sandwich plate or oil pressure sensor port the best options? My motor has no oil dipstick, will a gte or ge fit better with my manifold? Is the ls400 fan clutch my only option to run a clutch fan? Is the driftmotion modified clutch a good investment? Thanks guys. Ill keep you updated as I go along!

Apr 22, 2009
So I sent my manifold and turbo and wastegate exhaust housings in to be ceramic coated. When i tookoff my turbo exhaust housing I noticed 6 cracks on the inside of the housing in the part that divides the twin scrolls. Is this a serious issue?

Apr 22, 2009
I'm running an aem ems v1 so I plan on upgrading to a dh61 ignitor and sequential injection. I'm forced to run wasted spark but I have these twin turbo coils.
p2007792_1.jpg

Will these coils work well in wasted spark configuration or should I sell them and get some vvti coils?

Apr 22, 2009
I'm looking for a 2jz fan and clutch. A 2jz rear sump dipstick. The ps pump fitting to go to the reservoir. The AC bracket and AC pulley (I have the pump already). Any of you guys have this stuff kicking around? Need asap.