Jeff's MKIII picture/progress thread

monster2j

Aug 20, 2010
socal
mk3tattoos;1773530 said:
How's that oil?
absolutly awesome best oil i have used so far!

Update:Got pulled over and got cited a referee ticket Im pretty much screwed. Im sad to say this, but this might be the end. I am most likely going to get the dents taken out and the car repainted, then i will be looking to sell. Mechanicaly this car has been great, super strong and reliable. but with the cops cracking down in my area more and more i have realized that i am spending too much money in tickets and infractions, and this cant go on. :wtc:

Sep 7, 2009
Cambridge
referee ticket?

Is this like a schedualed safety inspection or something?

what about out of state plates.. are they subject too?

monster2j

Aug 20, 2010
socal
#04;1775019 said:
referee ticket?

Is this like a schedualed safety inspection or something?

what about out of state plates.. are they subject too?

Its a stupid California law which means my car will have to be checked by a state referee on all my emissions equipment, that is nonexistent. So in order to get out of this situation i have to pay the state of california the fine and the bail amount, probably around $600-1,000 and i just payed a $400 for a speeding ticket. So im pretty much screwed thanks to all the tree hugging, hippy, bastard politicians and all their dumb ass smog laws. This car is soo fast its ridicules to drive on the street, not only does it tempt you to go fast every time you drive, but when you do go fast every one and there mother can here you from half a mile away. Its my dream car... but at this time in my life i am trying to finnish college and i dont have the money to spend on the tickets. Maybe in the future ill have another supra its definatly still my favorite car but for now im going to have to down grade...

gurley0916

Gurley=Last Name not girl
Mar 10, 2008
Columbus,OH
Hey man I have been in your situation many times as I have battled 3 extreme tickets...racing, exhibition of speed, and wreckless driving. Im a college student as well so Im Ive been in the same boat...What has really helped me is just be mature about your driving and be like a grandpa. My biggest advice to you is to get a daily driver. Something that is cheap and good on gas. This helps alot as you wont be driving a high horsepower machine that is tempting to get into trouble with. I hope you can make it work out and I can guarantee that you wont get the $$ your looking for when you sell it. This is what made me retract from selling mine and forced me to put it in the garage for the next year until I can afford to drive it again and not risk getting my license suspended. I am spending this down time to upgrade the car of course though. Best of luck to you.

monster2j

Aug 20, 2010
socal
gurley0916;1775053 said:
Hey man I have been in your situation many times as I have battled 3 extreme tickets...racing, exhibition of speed, and wreckless driving. Im a college student as well so Im Ive been in the same boat...What has really helped me is just be mature about your driving and be like a grandpa. My biggest advice to you is to get a daily driver. Something that is cheap and good on gas. This helps alot as you wont be driving a high horsepower machine that is tempting to get into trouble with. I hope you can make it work out and I can guarantee that you wont get the $$ your looking for when you sell it. This is what made me retract from selling mine and forced me to put it in the garage for the next year until I can afford to drive it again and not risk getting my license suspended. I am spending this down time to upgrade the car of course though. Best of luck to you.

I think im going to hold onto her for a while longer, my family decided to go buy a new car and it looks like there going to give me the old Honda CRV to drive around. In the mean time ill continue to restore the car, paintless dent removal, new paint job, new front bushings, steering rack, interior carpets, and stock Supra TT rims. how much do you think i can get for the car if i do decide to sell?

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Im at 20k.. lol.. but would be extremely lucky to get half that..

The cars aren't quite up there for value yet unless you find someone like me who knows what it takes to get where your going and is willing to shortcut by buying the completed product.
Unfortunately.. those with the $$ to buy a car like this will buy something newer and those without cant get a bank loan on this age of a car. The MKIII is in the "no-mans" land for purchase price. 6k seems to be top dollar unless you are very very patient.
Luckily, I never ever ever plan to sell mine.. and I have been able to do everything for cash so far. 30k - 80k into a MKIII is not a hard thing to accomplish.. lol :)