It's sloooooooow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

remeniz

Sep 23, 2006
England
I just dont think my car is as quick as it should be. Whats the signs of a turbo failure? Cause theres no smoke at all and it drives fine but I dont hear the turbo wizzing and if theres a dump valve then it aint working.

:1zhelp:

State your opinions peeps

oscolivar1

Supraism
Feb 8, 2006
Virginia beach
remeniz said:
I just dont think my car is as quick as it should be. Whats the signs of a turbo failure? Cause theres no smoke at all and it drives fine but I dont hear the turbo wizzing and if theres a dump valve then it aint working.

it might be because its a 19+ yr old engine.....have u done a rebuild??
ne mods on the car....if its all stock and u wanna go faster i suggest a REBUILD....
as for the turbo if its stock....take in the matters thats its 19+ old as well....fins may be chipped, broke, missing...lol shaft play...
send it to MDC or somehere for a rebuild...
and u dont hear the turbo spooling....check boost leaks(look at IC pipes bend them if they crack replace and BOV blow thoru it and if u can blow thru its garbage)...are u still using the OEM air filter if so upgrade......

remeniz

Sep 23, 2006
England
Ok peeps.

I get the hint. I'll do the re-build.

But there's a few things ya talking about that i'm not sure with like IC pipes ond BOV?

Anyways its all standard so I shall do what I need to do

JMDigital

Authorized Vendor
Jun 2, 2006
Tampa, Florida
www.cardomain.com
I love peeps!
peeps.jpg

Sorry I could not resist.. As for your question.. I think its REBUILD time. 100% Stock is not that fast really. so do some searching on here. There are alot of threads about builds. Good luck! post some pics as you rip it apart

rumptis

나는 제프가 당신을 사랑
Aug 16, 2005
North Vernon, IN
remeniz said:

we really need more info about your car, is it stock...if not what have you done to it? Did you use to be able to hear the turbo and then it stopped...do you have a boost gauge...if so what is it reading.

I know with the stock air box you can hardly hear the thing spool up...if you running that and stock boost you may not hear it and the car would feel slow. A stock car is only going to putting down 180-190 at the wheels at most...that isn't much for a car this heavy.

MKIIINA

Destroyer of Turbos
Mar 30, 2005
Plano, TX
guys why are you steering him to a rebuild so quickly? he has no issues it seems with stalling, smkoing etc etc. we need more info and until we get them i would take the rebuild part with a large grain of salt.

how many miles are on your car?

remeniz

Sep 23, 2006
England
Nice one Peeps! :icon_razz Love marshmallow!

Love it!

Anyways. I've had the car for the last 3 months and have done nothing to it. 'G plate' 3.0i Turbo Manual. The only 'non standard' item on my motor is the wheels. Which I think look better than the originals.

It's got 104000 miles on the odometer. The boost guage works and i've had it showing the maximum, 8PSI, but why does is have a negitive part. (-4 through zero then to 8+)?

I can have loads of fun in the car and in the 3 months i've owned the car i've put 4000 miles on the clock.

When I got the car the turbo wasn't making any sound :cry: and I get no pressure dump after lift off :cry: but when it's boosting I feel the difference! :naughty:

But I have fallen in love with the car's sexy lines & wicked looks and I just want to 'be able' to keep up with my brothers SAAB 9000 2.3 turbo AUTO!:icon_evil !!!!!!

Also up to 4000RPM the engines nice and smooth, after 4000RPM the engine resonates to much to go any further.

Problems? I'm loosing coolant and it turns green so thats the HG gone :cry: and there's a big oil leak where the gearbox and the engine meet - rear crank seal.

Don't all reply at once lol

antman

Supramania Contributor
Apr 6, 2005
TN
yeah if u have a bhg u might as well rebuild, and like jmdigital said use mhg and arp studs. take your time do the research and have fun. gl

MKIIINA

Destroyer of Turbos
Mar 30, 2005
Plano, TX
just for shits and giggles check your stock bypass valve. it might have blown allowing air to recirculate back in and creating a semiboost leak. (ie pressureized air would be vented back into before the turbo and still show up as positive numbers pressure wise on the guage but not having the flow.

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
^lol. I wonder what would happen if you put a boost gauge on a NA? I'd guess at WOT it would go to linear (0 boost and vacume). Other than that it would stay in vacume constantly.

remeniz

Sep 23, 2006
England
Sorry peeps. The turbo guage is in pounds per square inch! If that makes a difference. And i've never boosted to 8lb/inch squared.

Status
Not open for further replies.