Issues please help!

SupraHawk

Jul 22, 2009
MN
So this weekend I picked up a nice mk3 turbo, car is really clean and runs great. Has intercooler, icp, bov, full 3" turbo back straight pipe, boost controller and other nick jacks. I need to weld the bung for the arm wideband. Car is running 6psi on low boost setting and 11psi on high. I took my bro for a ride and did a 2nd gear pull it missfired, and the electronic boost controller screen lit up red, did the same thing in 3rd. Now it's having trouble idling, runs and drives, seems like its stuttering a little but when I push clutch in it will either die right away, o run for a couple seconds then dies off. It doesn't like missfire off, it just insta-dies . Tomorrow I'm planning to scan it for codes, weld the bung and hook up wideband, put new plugs in( and what kind of plugs should i run, what gapping also?) , and run fuel injector cleaner, and time it. Any help would be great

SupraHawk

Jul 22, 2009
MN
3 in turbo back exhaust
Electronic boost controller
Fmic
Bov
Aluminum radiator
Aem boost and wideband gauges

Zrain25

Sep 30, 2012
Pelham,New Hampshire
Pull ur codes first.

Mine car if I don't let it warm up all the way and do a pull sometimes it will die when after you let off the gas I have a bad tps so that might be my problem. Does yours only die when cold or will it die if the engine is warm

Zrain25

Sep 30, 2012
Pelham,New Hampshire
supraguy@aol;1927601 said:
Is your bov recirculated back into the intake?

This will cause u to stall every time you shift. Mine was like that when I bought it. The bov sounded insane vented to air it use to never stall when shifting with the bov vent to to air but the car had a bad coolant temp sensor. I replaced that and it would stall every time I would shift past 3k.. It was very off but the bov not recirculated will cause issues. Your afm sees no air going back into the intake and tries to add more fuel and that stalls te engine. I believe that is what happens but do a search on it

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Well, basically, yes. The fuel has already been determined for the amount of air in the piping, but when you vent and the air isn't returned post MAF, then the fuel amount becomes incorrect(rich).

SupraHawk

Jul 22, 2009
MN
Problems solved ha, I had a plug blow off my intercooler piping haha , but thank you all for the help anyways I appreciate it.