is there a more intelligent question than 'is it turbo?"

03bamaGT

Sep 20, 2008
Bham
I usually ask if its NA or T, only when we are just talking and I can't see the engine or the car in general.

tsuper92

supra addict
Apr 7, 2005
mass
i can't count how many people have pointed at the intake mani and told there friend that it was the turbo.they read twin turbo on the valve cover,but never notice there's just one big one.they all no what a bov is though.they just don't realize turbo car's come with them stock and they do nothing for performance

jgcable

Jul 26, 2008
Milford, CT
Thats the most common question I get. It doesn't phase me at all because my n/a automatic is so totally bad ass. It gets looks everywhere I go and its just a stock car with a JDM wing and nice rims. The paint is stock and decent. Its the body style that makes the car stand out and the fact that there are very few (if any) of them currently on the road and pretty much none of them that are daily drivers like mine.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
D34DC311;1170485 said:
BTW, it seems to the general public that twins are automatically better than 1 turbo...Brilliance....I need to get me 3 turbos or 4 and then I'll be kickin ass.

That's because a million people are smart... smarter than one. :sarcasm:

shenronzero

spitfire
Oct 19, 2007
orlando/ New Smyrna Beach FL
rice or import

p1171253_1.jpg

what you do with it is up to you... choose wisely

7msupradude

Please wash your car!
Jan 31, 2007
Utah
Ultimately... THE WORST most UNINTELLIGENT question known to mankind... is "IS IT FAST"? - If anyone ever asks you such a mentally retarded question, tell them to go hump a tree. Honestly what do you think dumbo it's a supra, but even then, FAST is not intelligent by any means. Now, if you asked me "how is the acceleration", or maybe even the handling, or powerband... that would be more well thought and appropriate.

benchwarmer

Straight Cougar
Aug 2, 2007
Lancaster, CA
Stop talking about my car Razoe, it's not nice.

I get asked if my car is turbo all the time. I just say "no, but it does have a kick ass vacuum leak." It usually takes the ricers a few moments to decide if I'm being sarcastic or not.

omfgitsdonovan

Laag master
Jul 23, 2008
Burlington,WA
i myself find it just annoying when people are like so is it turbo or is it a 5 speed as when they can look inside of the car and the front of the car just as stated but its even more funny when they are like is it an inline 4? or a v6? lol come on people.

shenronzero

spitfire
Oct 19, 2007
orlando/ New Smyrna Beach FL
omfgitsdonovan;1171348 said:
i myself find it just annoying when people are like so is it turbo or is it a 5 speed as when they can look inside of the car and the front of the car just as stated but its even more funny when they are like is it an inline 4? or a v6? lol come on people.

ive gotten this one too. ive even seen listings of cars for sale on like auto trader with the engine as a I4... and its the drivers freaking car. its not a freakin honda we dont know what a 4 cylinder is. lol

mattman

Oct 8, 2007
Michigan
When ever someone ask me i just go "not yet". doesnt matter though cuz buy the time I got the money for the swap it will be like in 10 years. if everything goes well it WILL be a tur:evil2:bo