Is my supra a California car?

Tim

Oct 16, 2006
CA
Just wondering how I can tell if my 88 Supra is an out of state car or a California car. Is their a way to check by the Vin #?

Tim

Oct 16, 2006
CA
my car is a turbo, but I got it with aftermarket exhaust and no cats so I have no idea. I bought the car from Washington.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
nope, im looking at the little picture right now..

there's two pics, one has a cat and it says "7m-ge engine (Except california)" and on the next page (112), it says "7M-GE engine (for california) and 7mgte engine" and it has two cats in the pic...

wish my scanner worked..

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
N/As have a sub O2 sensor. I dunno about them but the turbos have two cats. That may be common to federal cars also. If the car has an EGR temp sensor it's a Cali car. Look at the emissions sticker under the hood, that should also tell you.

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
RazoE said:
nope, im looking at the little picture right now..

there's two pics, one has a cat and it says "7m-ge engine (Except california)" and on the next page (112), it says "7M-GE engine (for california) and 7mgte engine" and it has two cats in the pic...

wish my scanner worked..

Remember he has a pre-89. I forgot when they added 2 cats in though. My car has always been in cali.

Silvermk2

MkII Weenie
Apr 4, 2005
Stockton, CA
Look at the underside of the hood at the emissions sticker one says "California" the others "Federal". The only differences TMK are EGR temp sensors for 90-92 turbos. NAs have an extra 02 sensor. HTH