is it true that hp figures are 15-25 lower in florida because of temp and humidity?

chefma70

Mar 19, 2008
Florida
i was talking to my friend and he was saying that the 7m with downpipe,catback and intake @ 14 lbs wont make over 250 whp in florida.:: angry ::

my motor is fresh out of a build and has less than 200 miles on the motor.
arp everything 2mm mhg and new bearings,pistonrings,downpipe,catback and intake @ 10lbs should i be able to break the 300 hp mark or is that not possible in fl because of temp and humidity??
:naughty:

anybody making 300+ rWhp on a stock ct in florida and have a dyno chart to prove it?

suprarich

Nov 9, 2005
ohio
Its not hot and humid everyday....well almost, but you are so close to sea level that besides the heat and humidity, you have excellent air. Florida air is good compared to say Denver.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Ideal conditions are cold, dense air. So below freezing but still sea level, with a clear day caused by high barometric pressure.

Any time you start to stray from that ideal, you'll get less power.

As for breaking 300 with your mods and settings, well, your buddy is correct. Read this article: http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17&highlight=stage

You're at Stage 3, which is about 280hp at the crank. That's going to be around 240rwhp, best guess. You need some fuel mods, intercooler hardpipes, a better intercooler, tuning, and some more boost before you're likely to break into 300rwhp.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
I've seen good healthy cars with stock turbo with a 3" turbo back, intake, and boost just under fuel cut pull right around 300 to the wheels. Depends on conditions though as at that level the CT is starting to blow hot air and it will heat soak...

chefma70

Mar 19, 2008
Florida
GrimJack;1447920 said:
Ideal conditions are cold, dense air. So below freezing but still sea level, with a clear day caused by high barometric pressure.

Any time you start to stray from that ideal, you'll get less power.

As for breaking 300 with your mods and settings, well, your buddy is correct. Read this article: http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17&highlight=stage

You're at Stage 3, which is about 280hp at the crank. That's going to be around 240rwhp, best guess. You need some fuel mods, intercooler hardpipes, a better intercooler, tuning, and some more boost before you're likely to break into 300rwhp.

i forgot to mention i have a big fmic not huge just big enough full 2.5 inch intercooler piping greddy rs bov and i also have a walbro installed.

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
Its false.

Yea you wont make as much power with 95* and 80% humidity as you would with 65* temps and 25% humidity, but you'll easily make over 250whp with 14psi and a intake/exhaust. I made 256 with 10 psi (105* in the dyno room, no report of humidity, was summer time though, 1.02 SAE correction, so ~ 250 actual hp) . With 14 psi I made 297, with some boost leak checks (I'm sure I had some) and a good tune you could make 300+ easy.

Enraged

A HG job took HOW long??
Mar 30, 2005
Victoria, BC, Canada
i went to ft lauderdale for the boat show last weekend... i couldnt believe how hot and humid it was when i walked out of the airport, it was like walking into a sauna or something. i have no idea how you people can live there.

Warpath

Help me Jeebus!!
Oct 28, 2008
St.Louis
Word on the street is that if you add 3 to 5 stickers to your car it will make up the horsepower difference.

Ex.
K&N filter sticker = 5hp easy! (must be displayed prominently to work)

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
Warpath;1448086 said:
Word on the street is that if you add 3 to 5 stickers to your car it will make up the horsepower difference.

Ex.
K&N filter sticker = 5hp easy! (must be displayed prominently to work)

Especially true for Florida ;)

steve1479

Oct 9, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Don't forget, draping your nationalities flag over your back seat adds 18 RWHP, proven fact, just ask Civic owners. Vtec also kicks in faster!~!

I was down in Georgia two months ago with my JZA70 and it didn't like it at all, very sluggish. I live right on lake Ontario so I get that nice cool dense air off the lake at night time and early morning, night time cruises are always a blast up here.

Who

Supramania Contributor
Enraged;1447975 said:
i went to ft lauderdale for the boat show last weekend... i couldnt believe how hot and humid it was when i walked out of the airport, it was like walking into a sauna or something. i have no idea how you people can live there.

Here's why we live here... Windsurfing in November. HA!

novkeys.jpg

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Enraged;1447975 said:

Last wekend was NOVEMBER! Go back next August, and see how you like it. Gulf Coast people know heat AND Humidity. 100% in Ohio ain't shxx! (ain't used to prove my southerness)

Enraged

A HG job took HOW long??
Mar 30, 2005
Victoria, BC, Canada
ForcedTorque;1449320 said:
Last wekend was NOVEMBER! Go back next August, and see how you like it. Gulf Coast people know heat AND Humidity. 100% in Ohio ain't shxx! (ain't used to prove my southerness)

haha NO. i would likely die.

black91turbo

Formerly black87turbo
Apr 27, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
chefma70;1447884 said:
i was talking to my friend and he was saying that the 7m with downpipe,catback and intake @ 14 lbs wont make over 250 whp in florida.:: angry ::

my motor is fresh out of a build and has less than 200 miles on the motor.
arp everything 2mm mhg and new bearings,pistonrings,downpipe,catback and intake @ 10lbs should i be able to break the 300 hp mark or is that not possible in fl because of temp and humidity??
:naughty:

anybody making 300+ rWhp on a stock ct in florida and have a dyno chart to prove it?

How about 300.8;)
http://home.comcast.net/~iansmith321/dynomedium.jpg

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17446&page=106

Thats a friend of mine in town.....on 14 psi on a stock CT. I am going to dyno this coming monday so I will post my sheet up here as well....

Last edited: