Iron Man

phoenix6

Rockin' the blades
Aug 13, 2006
Serena's Place ;)
Saw this last night, I was so damn stoked. One of the better movies Ive seen in a LONG time.

I think Robert Downey actually fits the part perfectly. Me and one of my best friends were quoting it all day at work. (Like when I almost fell and busted my ass from an oil slick..)

"Yeah, I can fly"

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
mkiiSupraMan18;1009201 said:
This movie looks stupid...

My $.02

Psh...Whatev.

I went and saw this Thursday night (Midnight Showing)...
and,
This movie, was MORE than I expected it to be.

Robert Downey Jr. could not have been more perfect for this role.

I literally have NO complaints about this movie.

From beginning to end, There were a lot of flags raised in my head that made me wonder, "C'mon now, that's a little far fetched",
But at another point in the movie, or once it clicked, there was always an explanation, making things very realistic.

I love how they went ahead and threw terrorism in the movie, too. :)

Storyline was amazing, Actor/esses were Above Par, Special Effects were 10/10, and I was MORE than satisfied.

GO SEE IT! :D

Jeff

phoenix6

Rockin' the blades
Aug 13, 2006
Serena's Place ;)
Oh and I forgot to add, Ive NEVER found Gwenith Paltrow (sp?) To be anyting much attractive... and I mean DAMN She looked hot in that role.

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
phoenix6;1010595 said:
Oh and I forgot to add, Ive NEVER found Gwenith Paltrow (sp?) To be anyting much attractive... and I mean DAMN She looked hot in that role.

Same here!!! I actually looked at Laura and said 'What?? That was Gwenyth Paltrow? Damn!'

It was the scene with the dress that did it for me ;)

turbojuiced

Apr 5, 2008
San Diego/Fairfield
Ok guys I just got back from seeing the movie and I thought it was good. Definitely action packed. And I did stay for the credits to see the last scene. One word describes that "sequel." lol The blonde journalist was pretty hot.

And even the story lesson was compelling.

ms07s

TORGUE!
Sep 29, 2007
Memphis,Tn
Just back from the movie....had to take the late showing because they were getting sold out so fast. I must say this movie is great, on par with Batman Begins and the Spiderman movies as far as story depth and development goes. Stan Lee makes his apperance as usual. I would have to rate this film a 9.5 out of 10; it is epic.:bigthumb:

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
Boost Lee;1010590 said:
Psh...Whatev.

Transformers looked stupid to me to and it apparently was a great movie. Not into the whole comic book thing. I may check it out when it comes to video. Same thing w/ Speed Racer, looks dumb.

I'm not a theater type person anyway.

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Matt, I was NEVER into comic books and the whole superhero thing, and never will be.

People keep saying that "If you were into comic book heros, you'll love this movie".

To be honest, I think ANYBODY who likes good acting, lots of action and great special effects, would love this movie.

I knew who IronMan was when I was young, and the closest thing I came to knowing about Transformers when I was young was playing with a few of the "transforming" toys.

And both of these movies are now highly ranked in some of my favorites of all time.

:Ninja Edit: Now Speed Racer, I DO think looks dumb.

MkIII_Jeff

squirelly wrath!
Mar 2, 2008
Roseville, CA
I usually hate all comic book/video games turned into movie ideas. Up until now, V for Vendetta was the only decent conversion IMHO. Now Ironman is added to that list. This movie was freaking awesome.

It was very weird to see Jeff Bridges bald, I'm used to "The Dude".

turbojuiced

Apr 5, 2008
San Diego/Fairfield
gtsfirefighter;1011234 said:
Just saw it with my son. It was bad ass, but I didn't stay for the aftercredit thing dammit. I had to pee!!!! Sucks getting old.

I know me too it sucks that it is at the very end:biglaugh:

But I just sucked it up and help it so I could see it.