IPHONE Picture Texting!

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
cinciguy89turbo;1416618 said:
^^Funny thing is I'm not an Apple fan. I just hate when people rip on good things....ie supras <---that really pisses me off....nissan....iPhones....at&t...lol I guess that makes me closed minded. ugh

I haven't tried the Android. At the time I bought my iPhone there weren't a ton of amazing choices. I think the ones that were in the running were the Moto-Q, Pantech Duo, and the Tilt. If I tried another phone, might I get hooked? Sure. Again though, my Razr lasted for 3 years and was in near perfect condition still when it was run over by a 4x4. It continued to work for another 6 months when I decided it was time to get a new phone, so I'm not exactly a "new phone every year" kinda guy. Unless they have durability or lifespan problems, I will probably stick with my iPhone for a few years.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
Eh, I'll stick with my G1 (which has both a physical keyboard and a virtual keyboard, both horizontally or vertically like the iPhone), and if you don't want a keyboard, the MyTouch 3G has the exact same features as the G1 without a physical keyboard...

Canuckrz

Jan 13, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
RazoE;1416683 said:
Eh, I'll stick with my G1 (which has both a physical keyboard and a virtual keyboard, both horizontally or vertically like the iPhone), and if you don't want a keyboard, the MyTouch 3G has the exact same features as the G1 without a physical keyboard...
That's the re-branded HTC magic and dream isnt it? That's the phones that I'm looking at right now. How do you like it, and how has that slider mechanism held up because it looked kinda flimsy. And have you tried the dyno application yet?

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
no dyno application yet, but yeah it's the same as the Magic..

I had a bunch of cool aps, but decided to uninstall them to conserve battery, plus they got old quick..

I;ll look into it later tonight..:-D

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
I like my phone. When they came out and the fanboys were raving about them I swore I would never buy one. After some time and I tried one out I loved the Internet. And as I said my new job allows me pleanty of time to use it so it works perfect for me.

I don't like it because it's apple, or because it's an iPhone, or becausec it runs on ATT. I like the phone for function, doesn't matter who made it or way it's called. Posting right now on it. Haha.

Mondo

May 26, 2009
Wisconsin
cinciguy89turbo;1416618 said:
^^Funny thing is I'm not an Apple fan. I just hate when people rip on good things....ie supras <---that really pisses me off....nissan....iPhones....at&t...lol I guess that makes me closed minded. ugh

From a consumer stand point, my dealings with AT&T have all been horrible. They DSL service is a joke, their tech support even more of a joke. Their field techs....even worse.

From a business stand point (I work in a network operations center) They are even worse.

I'm not ripping a good thing. I'm ripping a horrible company with horrible customer values.

Also not ripping Apple or their iPhone. Already said that it is an awesome piece of metal. I'm ripping how the do business.

Kai

That Limey Bastard
Staff member
nosechunks;1415955 said:
Also known as MMS, Now available, who's pumped about it?

Welcome to a feature that every other mobile phone has had for at least the last 4 years.

Mondo;1417241 said:
From a consumer stand point, my dealings with AT&T have all been horrible. They DSL service is a joke, their tech support even more of a joke. Their field techs....even worse.

From a business stand point (I work in a network operations center) They are even worse.

I'm not ripping a good thing. I'm ripping a horrible company with horrible customer values.

Also not ripping Apple or their iPhone. Already said that it is an awesome piece of metal. I'm ripping how the do business.

I have it on good authority that they treat their staff like indentured servants, pay them crap, and those that are seriously ill are forced into work, or face losing their insurance...

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
I love my iphone.

I could care less about MMS. I'm not interested in texting pics saying "ZOMG LOOK AT THIS!!1". Maybe if I was asking a Supra related question, but I'd just log on to SM and look it up instead.

LUX Lite FTW.

FIL

Jul 17, 2007
Thornlie
blog.highoctanephotos.com
Canuckrz;1416765 said:
That's the re-branded HTC magic and dream isnt it? That's the phones that I'm looking at right now. How do you like it, and how has that slider mechanism held up because it looked kinda flimsy. And have you tried the dyno application yet?

G1 is a HTC Dream, G2 is a HTC Magic... and the HTC Hero is due out before too long, if it's not already available, depending on your market...

I recently went with a Magic, and have been pretty happy with my decision...

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
did my update.. took a hard reset to get to work and batt life is a little weaker.

but its better than emailing pics..........

now we just need zoom, flash compatable, and video for non 3gs owners.

RiyadYar

Supramania Contributor
Nov 20, 2007
NY
cinciguy89turbo;1416126 said:
Actually the prices of the phones have gone down $100 each year. All of the models are capable of video, and you can send picture messages if you have the intellegence of a rock through email And its not just a "pretty" phone, and not in the US have you had a phone that has a full HTML browser that can run 8 windows at the same time, 8, 16 or 32 GB of built in memory, with one touch youtube, With 65 THOUSAND of applications that keeps up with things from your finances to you're friends birthday to facebook to the bible in every translation btw....its a number's game people 40 million iPhones worldwide. IDC what you say about apple, they are brilliant people. You're just pissed off because you're still in contract with FREE MOBILE! Oh, and BTW its a pretty phone.

-------------------------------------------------------------
i have the intelligence to do this as i sell them everyday at work and deal with all the disappointed customers. i know u can email the picture but why go through that hassle when with u have free phones that can text mms . their are many webbrowsers out that can run full html like skyfire and opera. i will agree with you on one thing they are alot of apps and i think thats all it has going for it. but the phone functionality sucks, maybe they should call it an iapp and make the phone function just a app gone wrong

armyastro

full body shave t04 mk3
Sep 16, 2005
radcliff ky
i have a regular iphone, gen 1 cracked and jailbroken with 3.0 firmware and have had pic texting for a few months.

cinciguy89turbo

Zero to Sixty
Apr 7, 2009
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
RiyadYar;1418242 said:
-------------------------------------------------------------
i have the intelligence to do this as i sell them everyday at work and deal with all the disappointed customers. i know u can email the picture but why go through that hassle when with u have free phones that can text mms . their are many webbrowsers out that can run full html like skyfire and opera. i will agree with you on one thing they are alot of apps and i think thats all it has going for it. but the phone functionality sucks, maybe they should call it an iapp and make the phone function just a app gone wrong

These phones sell themselves. But the phone is now complete. A 32GB 3GS is pretty much everything a phone can do (in the states :evil2:) outside of windows based phones for the average person. Skyfire and opera aren't available on free phones though. Plus the quality of the browser, as well as the sheer quality of the phone. IDK I may be crazy, but I love this phone and I can't image life being as simple without it.

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
I've had the original iPhone and now sport a 3gs 16gig...I hated the iPhone then and hate it now as it's still too much pain in the ass too have too use a computer too update n such! For some reason my computer doesn't like doing updates too the phone so mid way it will error out...after the 5th try it will work...3 hours of my life gone cause I had too update!

I only have an iPhone as it is really damn useful as I'm never home but yet can still shop online and chill on sm when I'm out or at work such as now! I miss how dependable my razor was compared too this damn phone...