Introducing myself

T

Tschuette

Hey, I'm Tom from Johnson City, TN. I'm 17 years old. I have a 1989 Supra 7M GTE. White with the Burgundy Interior. Targa top. I've had it for about 3 months now, and mostly done cosmetic stuff to it, it was all factory when I bought it. I have welded my own exhaust for it though. I smoked the turn signals. changed the wheels, (only temporary to see how it looks, they are front wheel drive wheels off a celica) and painted the brakes. next I really need to get that faded black tint out of the back glass. It needs some work but man I love this car. Let me know what you think

p478473_1.jpg

p478473_2.jpg

p478473_3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

TurboFreak

NOBAMA
Jan 22, 2006
East Coast
Welcome!! and siick car!! I'd lower it next.

BTW My grandmother lives in Abingdon, VA. So ive been to Johnson City alot....nice area!

T

Tschuette

It does need to be lowered. but I don't want to screw up the TEMS. what should I Do?

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Sup TN supra addict.
I got to school in cookeville. at TTU. good to see another TN person.
Hopefully this summer I can get something going again. the first meet we had was fun.
cya round.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
What's up Tschuette? Your car looks great. You should come down to Bama this spring when we have our first big meet. Hopefully a few people from Tennessee and bordering states can make it. It will be after March sometime, but be on the lookout for a thread in the southeast section.

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Welcome, Tschuette! Beautiful car you've got there. :) TEMS is cool to have just because of the fact that it's not your everyday suspension setup you see...but trust me, it will be WELL worth it to get a set of springs/struts and drop it. :)

T

Tschuette

Thanks for the compliments, I'm gonna look into lowering it soon that was the next thing on my list anyway.

T

Tschuette

Umm... if you want to call it performance. I unbolted the exhaust infront of the cat, cut off the flange on the cat, welded that to some 2 1/2" Exhaust pipe, ran it straight into a turndown in front of the rear diff angled slightly to the passenger side, to blow the fumes out from under the car. thats it really. only took like an hour and a half. It still has the pre cat. all it did really was make it sound way mean.

Big Wang Bandit

You Can't Quit Me Baby
Feb 21, 2006
San Ramon, CA - 925!
I guess thats performance!

You wana ral nice exhaust?

Get a divorced downpipe(DDP) form a vendor here that goes by BIC. Then a test pipe/highflow cat and a nice 3 inch exhaust. Sounds mean and is performance

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
Nice ride man, would look great lowered but hey for now it looks awsome. Welcome aboard, i wanna tint my corner lights too yours look awsome.

Your goin to learn allot here and your more than welcome to ask us questions about anything, if it hasnt been done/explained/or tested here then its beyond what you would ever think of.

T

Tschuette

Well I was gonna take it to a window tint place and have them take it out, then put in 15% all around except the windshield ofcourse. and yeah the corner lights idea came to me when i was bored and trying to think of cool stuff to do to my car. just took them out, masked them off misted the outside with black plastic spray paint then a few coats of clear and was done. its exactly what i wanted darker with still an amber tint. and they still light up just fine even in the day time.

supraman7mgte

Shut up,bitch!!
Apr 1, 2005
Sunny California
i would save up for a set of tein's or equivelent. expensive? oh fuck yeah,worth it? um,hell yes. lets you adjust the ride height and stuff. and are rebuildable i think.dont make the mistake of buying because you want it now.
just take your time and inprove the intake,dont get a K&N imo.
take some time making sure everything is in good condition to take the HP you'll be adding.fix any leaks,change ALL fluids,change the air in the tires,and basically have a "fresh" slate to work from.
being as it is an 89' some vacum hoses might need replacing.check your rubber elbows on the IC system and the list can go on and on.
the supra is a kick-ass car,but remember,this car almost has an entiy.if you add or do something to really stupid,it wil never forgive you.