Intermittent 7mgte misfire

DieselScout2

Mar 5, 2017
Arizona
Having an intermittent misfire with my 1989 7mgte r154. Car was originally auto and manual swapped about a 2 months ago. The car is having a miss and stumble under load, and while it is doing this the car is leaning out. Its a stumble, to the point where the car jerks slightly. It is not hitting fuel cut, I know what that feels like. When it stumbles/misses, it is leaning out on my wideband.

So here's everything that I've done so far to the car:
all new couplers for intercooler hoses,
swapped coil packs w/ no change,
swapped afm's with no change,
new OEM plug wires,
brand new plugs gapped at 0.030 (no oil on plugs),
timed with ati crank dampner and rewired CPS,
brand new flow tested 550 injectors and lexus afm,
TRD air fuel pressure regulator (J-tube bypass),
OEM toyota fuel filter,
brand new and adjusted tps with new connector,
almost all new vacuum lines,
and new accordion hose,
rebuilt garrett turbo only pushing 4 lbs right now.
Car was misfiring before the new injectors, new afm, and fuel pressure regulator.

The last thing I could think of is fuel pump, or possibly fuel pump wiring as I have not done the 12v mod?
What's also weird is that one day I adjusted my clutch is the problem went away for maybe two days, then returned. Clutch is brand new, ACT 6 puck set up with maybe 2000-3000 miles.

Thank you for your time.

plaaya69

87T Supra
Nov 18, 2006
Lake County, IL
What is your fuel pressure at idle with the vacuum line connected and without the vacuum line connected? Does it stumble right away when the motor is first started cold or warmed up or both? For me, I would think it would be something related with the CPS giving a poor signal, how is the condition of your CPS unit? I have seen those wires become very brittle even on the unit itself.

DieselScout2

Mar 5, 2017
Arizona
What is your fuel pressure at idle with the vacuum line connected and without the vacuum line connected? Does it stumble right away when the motor is first started cold or warmed up or both? For me, I would think it would be something related with the CPS giving a poor signal, how is the condition of your CPS unit? I have seen those wires become very brittle even on the unit itself.

Fuel Pressure currently unknown, I will be picking up a gauge ASAP. It takes about 5-10 seconds to catch when turning over, especially when sitting overnight. When it does catch, it idles perfectly with no misses or stumbles at all. CPS is in good condition, wires are near perfect under the cover, and not brittle. The connector itself was toast.

DieselScout2

Mar 5, 2017
Arizona
CEL codes?

No codes.

Here's pictures of the plugs. Replacing them with NGK double platinums tomorrow. These have roughly 3000 miles on them, NGK Platinums.
I replaced my spark plug wire set due to one or two of the wires shorting out, when i first encountered my misfire. Currently thinking that the short could have destroyed the plug(s).20171115_185813.jpg20171115_185816.jpg

Last edited: