inspire me with pics of "your" garage...

jdm-rhd

Jan 19, 2012
orbiting caprica
been trying to get motivated into cleaning out the 2 car garage & setting up a work area for repairs & small projects. i was gonna add on a carport, and still may but i really need to have a safe place to park the mkiv & ws6.

i was wanting more space which got me to thinking about adding on to make it 2 cars deep, but dont think i want to get into debt over it yet. the garage is still full of boxes & junk from when i moved in a few years ago. right now i got just enough room to pull the ninja in and about a foot on one side to walk by.

want to do some sort of race/sports related theme + shelving & storage for the walls. was wanting some ideas on flooring. want to throw in central heat & air w/ some tv's too. kinda make it a mancave maybe. so...post up pics & show me what you got.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Here's a rule of thumb:

-If it isn't a car, or because of a car, it doesn't belong in the garage. ;)

I'd show a picture of mine, but there's not much to see, all that's in there is two Supras and their sets of tires. Small cabinet/countertop used to store the tools and air compressor. It's basic, but gets the job done.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
te72;1825027 said:
Here's a rule of thumb:

-If it isn't a car, or because of a car, it doesn't belong in the garage. ;)

I'd show a picture of mine, but there's not much to see, all that's in there is two Supras and their sets of tires. Small cabinet/countertop used to store the tools and air compressor. It's basic, but gets the job done.

I like this idea, but I'm nowhere near being to follow it, lol. My garage has a LOT of other stuff. Mostly just storage stuff we don't have space for anywhere else. :(

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
mkiiichip;1825070 said:
Yet somehow empty boxes seem to accumulate in mine...
Don't get me wrong, me too... I use them to keep the oil drips from the Mk2 from staining the concrete. :p

About the only things out of place in my garage are a snow shovel, a cooler, and a tree stand. These items are all stored in "bins" above the garage door. That said, I won't stand for/own a garage I can't park in. My parents have a HUGE garage, and do they park in there? NOPE. I would absolutely LOVE to have a garage that size (seriously, it's big enough for 3-4 cars) and it just breaks my heart that they use it to store crap in it. :nono:

I'm at the point I'm debating whether to try to build a second garage in my back yard (and deal with building code BS) or just rent/buy a shop somewhere nearby. Not really a problem now, but both my girlfriend and myself have every intention of buying at least one more vehicle, bringing it to a total of 5... need more space. :p

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
move07.jpg

move15.jpg

bigshed10.jpg

bigshed11.jpg

bigshed12.jpg

bigshed13.jpg

bigshed14.jpg

bigshed15.jpg

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
^lol.

My garage will fit my car if it's empty but that's all it would fit.

So I use the shop I work at.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
KicknAsphlt;1825061 said:
Time for a yard sale/craigslist/ebay....lol.

That would be completely true but they are things that my girlfriend and I actually want to keep. IE snowboard, skis, winter clothes, bicycles, snow tires, motorcycle, rack of girlfriend's "decorations" etc...

What we really need is a garage with storage in the ceiling or a basement. Maybe a nice shed or something. Until then my dream garage will only be a dream, haha.

supra1008

May 2, 2007
Philadelphia
I'm interested in this too. I just moved and I finally have my own 2 car garage now! :) I'm in the process of remodelling one of the rooms in the house so I have materials in the garage in one spot but still have some space to work in the garage with 2 cars stored in there. Finishing the den will get all the 2x4, drywall and buckets of spackle out of the garage and clear up a shit load of space!! Once I do that, I can really start organizing the garage the way I want it. I'd like to epoxy the floor and paint the walls. I already started rewiring the garage. Before there was only 1-2 circuits going into the garage which definitley wasn't enough since I have a 60Gal compressor and a miter saw. Eventually I wanna get a welder and maybe a lift but that's way down the road. So I ran a 100A sub panel into the garage and put up some brighter lights!

jdm-rhd

Jan 19, 2012
orbiting caprica
ij, that is a nice garage or should i say machine shop...

...would love to have something like that. first i need to get a storage space.

btw, i was thinking about getting one of those 20ft storage containers...anyone else ever do that? what is the approx cost, also shipping?

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
suprarx7nut;1825223 said:
That would be completely true but they are things that my girlfriend and I actually want to keep. IE snowboard, skis, winter clothes, bicycles, snow tires, motorcycle, rack of girlfriend's "decorations" etc...

What we really need is a garage with storage in the ceiling or a basement. Maybe a nice shed or something. Until then my dream garage will only be a dream, haha.
It's all about how clever you are with the space that you have. Before I bought the house, I had everything I owned (other than the cars themselves, and the spare wheels/tires) in a room of about 75 sq/ft. Weirdly, that was almost enough crap to fill a 1500 sq/ft house. :p

jdm-rhd;1825590 said:
btw, i was thinking about getting one of those 20ft storage containers...anyone else ever do that? what is the approx cost, also shipping?
I believe this very subject was brought up not too long ago. Are you speaking of the metal shipping containers?

leecheater

Got a bad habit
Mar 27, 2006
St. Cloud, MN
Here's a few of mine. 30ft x 50 ft with 12 foot walls. Heated, steel walls, insulated and high tech sealant on the floor. We built her 2 springs ago, after I moved into my new place. A couple of days ago I met with my plummer and excavator to finalize the plans on the bathroom. When we build her, we had plans for it but I could not afford to do it until now.The piping is already in through the slab, we just need to bury a holding tank and install the ss utility sink and toilet. I can't compete with Ian as far a machine shop stuff, but this garage is fully devoted to cars, motorcycles, boats. A real flipping man cave. The trailer is the latest addition. The best news, my wife almost never comes out there.

p1826144_1.jpg

p1826144_2.jpg

p1826144_3.jpg

p1826144_4.jpg

p1826144_5.jpg

p1826144_6.jpg