injectors vs fuel pump vs fuel line

black91turbo

Formerly black87turbo
Apr 27, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
I am going with a turbonetics T-61, by doing some calculation on the rc-engineering website i am to use 780cc injectors to get 80% duty cycle at 43.5 psi of fuel on my desired HP goal. My question is this: Do i need another walboro to push these injectors? If not, what size injectors require a dual pump set-up? Do i need bigger fuel line? If so what size?
thanks,
val

black91turbo

Formerly black87turbo
Apr 27, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
tissimo;1257448 said:
How much power are you looking for?

A single walbro runs out of steam at ~ 500whp.

about 500whp, although I am aware that I probably will not get there on the T-61 alone...but I thought the fuel pump depended on how big of an injector you use not HP? I guess I was wrong....

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
black87turbo;1257464 said:
about 500whp, although I am aware that I probably will not get there on the T-61 alone...but I thought the fuel pump depended on how big of an injector you use not HP? I guess I was wrong....

Turbonetics t61 flows ~70lbs of air.. Its capable of 500whp and more...??

Yea, fuelpumps can only flow a certain amount of fuel and are not dependant on injector sizes.

a_sesshoumaru

Suprita
Jan 7, 2007
El Salvador
i had only one walbro when i was running the 550cc injectors, then i upgraded to 850cc and with the map ecu i only took like 10% off fuel wich wasn`t correct cause the new injectors were 65% bigger, i even thought they were flowing 550cc too, i had a extra walbro laying around and decided to use it, when i tried to run the car it was impossible, the injectors were already flowing the extra 300cc, i had to take a lot of fuel to get it running properly. Two fuel pumps make a big difference. And the sound is sweet.

black91turbo

Formerly black87turbo
Apr 27, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
tissimo;1257474 said:
Turbonetics t61 flows ~70lbs of air.. Its capable of 500whp and more...??

Yea, fuelpumps can only flow a certain amount of fuel and are not dependant on injector sizes.

I know it is possible but i don't think i will be able to get it there because I don't plan on running over 20psi..... thanks for the fuel pump clarification. I guess I do not need a second walboro. How much power do our cars need to be making before we should consider making new fuel line?

IJ: Are you saying I should just get 1000cc injectors and get it over with? Because i have thought about that.... Now can it be detrimental to running an injector at .....lets say 50% duty cycle? i wouldn't think so however wouldn't it affect fuel pressure?

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
black87turbo;1257738 said:
I know it is possible but i don't think i will be able to get it there because I don't plan on running over 20psi..... thanks for the fuel pump clarification.

IJ: Are you saying I should just get 1000cc injectors and get it over with?

No,

not the injectors that he is reffering to.

The system as a whole.

Fuel pump and fuel injectors.

If aim for 500rwhp and we know that the walbro is teetering at it max limit there, why risk the engine?

Buy another fuel pump and call it a day.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Black: For instance I'm a bit under 500rwhp and I run 2x Aeromotive Tsunami pumps 2x -6 lines right to the rail and 1x -6 return to the tank along with 2x Bosch motorsports filters.

This way no matter what happens the motor will always have enough fuel.

I actually use 1000cc RC's as well but it needs sequential injection to get acceptable idle quality.

black91turbo

Formerly black87turbo
Apr 27, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
thanks IJ! I guess i will add another walboro and take it from there. I am running a piggy back though, so i don't think that i will be able to set-up sequential injection....although i don't know about the maft-pro's capability as far as fuel goes