Impossible, it seems like my car will never go straight... Help! Please :(..

Sside

May 20, 2008
Houston
Okay, this has been impossible for me to figure out.... Its been 5 months now trying to fix this pulling problem... Everything has failed... It all started when I changed my shocks, and 2 days later a bad wheel bearing.... Not sure exactly when it started but it was right after that... Ever since, this has been done....

Aligned 4 times
Rebuilt Brake Calipers
Replaced Rack N Pinion (with new/rebuilt)
Replaced all tie rods (New)
Replaced Rotors (New)
Replaced Both Wheel Bearings (New)
Replaced Front Brake Lines (New)
Bled The System 5 times if not more....

The car seems to go straight untill you brake, when you brake the steering wheel just simply pulls hard left... The higher the speeds the harder it pulls, at 60 mph I can prob change 3 lanes if I dont regain control of the steering wheel.... This problem is killing me, I really need help... Ive tried my best no to bother supramania with this but this is my breaking point.. Dont know what to do next, cant afford more "replacing stuff tries"... Will check pressure of the brake lines tomorrow, thou they have seemed fine the past few times... Seems more like a braking problem to me but I just dont know how to go about in all honesty.... Thanks in advanced for any input or info, trully appriciate it...

RTtim

Mar 7, 2011
lake isabella
Have you checked the bushings for your upper and lower control arms? It's possible the bushings are worn cause excessive play. Just a thought.

Sside

May 20, 2008
Houston
Thanks for the suggestion but the bushings seem fine, now I cant be sure they arent messed up but they dont seem loose or worn at all... I would replace them but it be a $500 try... And after much inspection of them, I am yet not convinced (I could be wrong) thats my problem..

Sside

May 20, 2008
Houston
Yes Poodles, I replaced all 4... And after that I replaced my right/passanger wheel bearing... A few weeks ago thou I replaced both wheel bearings again, just in case and same darn pull... :(

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
check the pressure at each caliper, it sounds like one might be receiving more pressure than another. is your car ABS?

Sside

May 20, 2008
Houston
Yes it is Moy, would the abs actually cause this thou? I have considered trying to replace the master cylinder.... My brake pads are even by the way......

OfnaRcR4

Shea!
Oct 2, 2006
kettering ohio
Don't fo a master cylinder. Are your break pads worn in enough to tell if one is wearing faster than the other? Other than brake hoses, stuck right caliper, worn suspension parts or improper caster idk what else could cause a pull while breaking 8O

Crypton2006

Jun 26, 2006
Phoenix Az
Check ball joints and control arm bushings by lifting the wheel a few inches in the air and putting a HUGE pry bar underneath it. Pry up and down so as to see if you can get any movment. If there is ANY movement replace it. Also how do your tires look? Air pressure?
You said it started when you replaced the shocks. Is it possible you did not assemble the strut correctly? Like mabey the spring is not perched right?
Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk

destrux

May 19, 2010
PA
Check the rear lower ball joints that are on the outside of the rear lower lateral links. They look like a bushing, but are actually ball joints. If one of those is bad it will cause the rear to steer the car when you hit the brakes. Both of mine were bad and were very hard to check, I found them when I was doing my energy bushings. My car was wandering all over the place because both of mine were bad.

Sside

May 20, 2008
Houston
Thanks alot for the info guys, I had come to the conclusion it was a braking problem soo I was going to replace the abs..... Now, I came back to this thread and crap..... It can be a 3 or 4 other things lol... The problem is there even while going in low speeds, lets say 10 mph... Its just not as aggressive.... I have never seen a car lose control that badly because of suspension.... Now lets assume I have a bad suspension component ( balljoint/ shock purge/ spring) wouldnt braking actually fix the pull and realing the car? The car goes straight when not braking....

White Zombie

Feb 1, 2007
Hampton , VA
i was gonna say bad brakes , but after your list the only thing left is abs ...
to awnser on the suspension, if the upper or lower bushings are bad ,the car will shift like that . when the load (during braking) settles over the front wheels, the car pulls to that side . Jack the car and grab the wheel (or prybar as suggested ealier) and look for movment in the upper or lower arm bushings.

Sside

May 20, 2008
Houston
(Update) Okay guys, I just changed the abs on the car and drove it back home from the shop... Its been two months since Ive driven my car :).... At 60 mph the car did not pull, at 80 mph it pulled to the same side but not nearly as hard, as I was regaining control of the car it then pulled to the right.... It has never ever done that since my problem began... The car is badly unaligned so I am hopeful this was my problem, the car does feel better at 40 mph/50 mph/60mph as is with no alignment.... Opinions?
I am not out of the storm yet but let see what happens... :D

Sside

May 20, 2008
Houston
I have New Bridgstone Potenzas, yeah... I did that... Put the Front right tire on the Left front side and vice versa.... Then I put my rear tires in the front and same thing...

Sside

May 20, 2008
Houston
UPDATE
5 to 6 months later and nope.... I have not figured it out yet..... I have been much too busy at school and driving under 60 mph for a looong time now...... I finally looked into this braking problem and checked the codes on the abs. I have code 33, rear brake sensor. Do yall think this is it? It is pricey and I am deseperate to have this car ready for next semester and be able to drive on the freeway to go to school. Any help would be awesome...