i'm gettin a 2009 mustang

crazysupra2JZ

Nov 16, 2006
Georgia
i can't wait till i get my new car. i know you're gonna bash me for this, but i'm, gettin a V6. i don't want the V8 cause of gas and it's $5,000 more, plus insurance is another $50 month. i'd be spending another $200 a month for the V8.

so i bought it overseas and i have it scheduled to pick it up in december. i saved $5,000 by getting it here instead of back in the states. pretty much i bought the premium package with leather and the security and safety package for less than the the V6 basic mustang.

and i'll be getting the Roush body kit

401421_400.jpg
bodykit1_400.jpg
bodykit2_400.jpg

it's gonna be Dark candy apple red with black leather interior. i'm gonna swap my wheels from my Supra to it, if they will fit. i'm gonna get some performance parts too, once i'm done with appearence stuff. this is going to be my daily driver than looks good and sounds good. my supra will be my power toy. i'm gonna sell my truck, i might keep it, if i do then i'll have 2 car payments.

ms07s

TORGUE!
Sep 29, 2007
Memphis,Tn
If it's what you want go for it. They aren't that bad as long as you got a 5-speed; the auto trans on those things are horribly sluggish. You could always twin turbo it in the future to make it show and go..

crazysupra2JZ

Nov 16, 2006
Georgia
didn't even know there was another section, sorry. it is the 5spd, i wouldn't get an automatic. i'm only paying $19,000 for it and i love how much you can customize it and how badass it looks with body kits

crazysupra2JZ

Nov 16, 2006
Georgia
CTsupra;1052707 said:
Only mustang I would even consider buying would be a 93' cobra, or the 03'/04' cobras. That is awesome that you got it at the price you did!

yeah, the price is awesome. i'm pretty much gonna have a billit interior. with what Roush has to offer interior wise, it will be very clean and oh-so-nice. mani can't wait, and it's so much cheaper to customize it instead of the supra. it sucks i have to wait till december to pick it up, but it's so worth it. custom built just for me :)

sean210;1052724 said:
Just wait until the 2010 comes out.

Fords talking about making the v6's twin turbo.

i plan to have this paid off by 2010. i'm gonna try to deploy a lot to get it paid off. i'm puttin $6,000 down in december, i'll have $13,000 left.

crazysupra2JZ

Nov 16, 2006
Georgia
Rennat;1052738 said:
so your gonna supercharge it right? haha

i can't find any superchargers for the V6... my only options are exhaust, intake, tuner, headers which i am going to do. just to get a better sound and a little more power and better economy on regular driving, tune for economy

TurboFreak

NOBAMA
Jan 22, 2006
East Coast
V6 with a Roush body kit?

Prepare to get made fun of and laughed at at stoplights...

V6's are fine, I have no problem with them. But with a supercharged V8 bodykit? Cmon.

Sil

Evil Empire
Jan 13, 2008
Milwaukee/Chicago
crazysupra2JZ;1052746 said:
i can't find any superchargers for the V6... my only options are exhaust, intake, tuner, headers which i am going to do. just to get a better sound and a little more power and better economy on regular driving, tune for economy

Look harder, I gotta dig through my Mustang Monthly Mag's and find em for ya. Almost positive Vortech makes a set up for it.

My friends got a 550 rwhp sc'ed 8 cyl 07 that looks kind of ricy, but its got the punch to back up the big wing. Too bad she hardly drives the thing.

DonS1mpson

Black Supramacist.
Mar 19, 2006
England!
This sounds like a bit of a scam to me to be completely honest - You're saving 5 grand by buying it "overseas"? Where in the world can you buy a mustang cheaper than the US? And now you're having Roush offering to do the interior?....

And that bodykit is quite bloody awful, particularly when you remember that behind all those fake plastic biceps hides a car that will get spanked by just about any car you'd care to mention.

You either want an economical DD or a modified vehicle and to be quite honest, a V6 Mustang doesn’t seem like the ideal base for either of those things.

My advice would be to take the money you'd saved by buying "overseas", not having the barry bodykit and special interior then spend it on a stang with a proper engine.