I'm about to install a fpr, and I have some Q's

4U2QUIK

1UZFE SWAP DUDE!!!
so I bought this fpr because I didn't like the color of the aeromotive FPR, and I've used these fpr's with much good luck in the past. I also purchased a fpr line kit from driftmotion (they freakin rock), but it didn't come with any instructions. WhatI want to know before i go to install all of this is what some of the pieces are for.
here's some pics.
p1118201_1.jpg

p1118201_2.jpg

p1118201_3.jpg

and here's the parts that I have questions as to where they go.
p1118201_4.jpg

thnks for looking

suprabad

Coitus Non Circum
Jul 12, 2005
Down Like A Clown Charley Brown
The L shaped one looks like an adapter for the fuel rail, and I would imagine the other two are generic adapters to mate the fitting with the fuel rail. I'm assuming this is a universal FPR and not a specific to Supra unit, which would explain all the adapters.

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
The 2 fittings on the AFPR, they came were included with it...correct?

The DriftMotion kit was made for the Aeromotive FPR...it has a additional port on the side vs the one you have. Pretty sure the straight silver fitting is for the fuel rail...the gold 90 deg fitting was meant to attach to one of the side ports on the Aeromotive. Take the black fitting off the AFPR you have and see if it threads in.

The way this was meant to work is the short hose 90 deg screwed on the straight (silver) fuel rail adapter. Straight end of the hose went to the AFPT and attached to the 90 deg fitting screwed in the AFPR. The plug was for the other port on the Aeromotive and the blue straight was for the return on the bottom...you already have that fitting (I assume AN-6...can't see it) on the bottom of your AFPR and the plug is not needed.

4U2QUIK

1UZFE SWAP DUDE!!!
jdub;1129671 said:
The 2 fittings on the AFPR, they came were included with it...correct?
actually no, the original fittings were barbed fittings that screwed into 1/8" bspt threads. I opened it up (on the bridgeport) and re-tapped it out to a 1/8" npt. Then installed 1/8"npt to -6 fittings.

jdub;1129671 said:
The DriftMotion kit was made for the Aeromotive FPR...it has a additional port on the side vs the one you have. Pretty sure the straight silver fitting is for the fuel rail...the gold 90 deg fitting was meant to attach to one of the side ports on the Aeromotive. Take the black fitting off the AFPR you have and see if it threads in.
and from the looks of those fittings, I'll have to open the afpr up some more and re-tap it for them.

jdub;1129671 said:
The way this was meant to work is the short hose 90 deg screwed on the straight (silver) fuel rail adapter. Straight end of the hose went to the AFPT and attached to the 90 deg fitting screwed in the AFPR. The plug was for the other port on the Aeromotive and the blue straight was for the return on the bottom...you already have that fitting (I assume AN-6...can't see it) on the bottom of your AFPR and the plug is not needed.
Thank you very much for your help!
Very informative.

GrimJack;1129725 said:
What kind of AFPR is that? I like the blue... I've been seriously considering taking mine apart and having it re-anodized blue.

it's a 50$ megan afpr. seemes like a decent unit but the ports definately needed to be opened up. I decided to use it because the aeromotive is the wrong color to go under my hood. :bling:

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
Before you start drilling/tapping...confirm the silver fitting is a M12x1.25. That is the thread for the fuel rail.
The others that screw into the AFPR should be NPT threads (1/4" NPT irrc..check this too).

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
4U2QUIK;1129983 said:
and btw I can have your fpr re-anodized, or i can modify a megan for u if u like. just shoot me a pm.
Thanks for the offer... but I suspect that cross border shipping both ways would hurt a little too much. Luckily I have some contacts up here for anodizing! :D